Friendly Fight

Sucrilhus

I've recently came back to skyrim.

More than a year ago I used to play a lot of it, and I've always enjoyed roleplaying in my games.

One thing I really think skyrim lacks is the capacity to "practice in realtime battle" with your followers or NPC-friends.

All the mod would need to is:

1) Create a dialogue option when the player talks to friendly units that allows him/her to invite them to practice on a skirmish.

2) Completely nullify the generation of "criminality" or "faction treason" that the act of engaging a friendly/neutral NPC brings.

3) Temporarily block any battle-speech of the NPC in question. You know ... to prevent your beloved friend from saying to you... "You won't leave here alive!" , "I'll have your head!" , "Hurry up and die already!" .... and things of the sort.

4) Put both the player and the NPC temporarily on "essential" state.... so no one dies.

5) As soon as one drops to the floor, the battle ends, the winner sheaves the weapon.... and everything comes back to normal. No hard feelings. (Alternatively, if the player sheaves his weapon mid-battle, the fight could end right there as well).

This would be SPECIALLY useful for me, because I recently found out wooden swords (I play with skyrim redone).

How great would it be if my archer could learn "one-handed fight" with the help of his NPC-friend who is a master at it. Considering the existence of wooden weapons, there could be an additional compatibility download that forced the NPC and the player to use only wooden weapons during the practice.

I'm not a modder, so this is impossible for me to do.

But considering the amount of really complex mods I've seen around, I can't help but think that a mod like the one I'm requesting here isn't too difficult to create.

I bet this mod would be pretty popular with role-players.

Please, someone, make it happen ^^

Edited by Sucrilhus

The friendly fight is an option that has been already created by the Vilja Team - you can spar with Vilja if you want to. It might be a good idea to check with those people if they would be willing to release that part as a standalone funtionality.

I tried this in game and Lydia and I had several wooden sword sparing sessions when I first got into Breezehome. Sadly, they all ended with one of us (usually me) dead.

One thing I used to do about an year ago was to attack Farkas.

If you're a member of the companions and you hurt someone of them, just the guy that you hurt will aggro against you.

The others will be like "Not of my business". (Bethesda was spot on right here.... these little details are awesome ^^)

Well.... If you bring them (in my case, Farkas) down... you can just run away to another room and wait an hour...

He will forget about everything.

I used to play a lot with that, pretending Farkas was a tutor, teaching me how to properly wield a sword ^^

PS: I'm not sure if this still works... like I said, I used to do this an year ago.

Edited by Sucrilhus

• 2 weeks later...

I just discovered a wooden sword in my game and my first thought was of Rand and Lan in the wheel of time series practicing with wooden swords I SO wanted to buy a couple give one to a companion and spar! That would be awesome just like in my D&D games it would become part of my low level nightly rituals (after building a fire eating etc) So I septend this request!

• 4 weeks later...

I second this idea.. sparring with vilja is cool, especially if you use a combat overhaul mod that makes the fight quite long if you want it to be....but having more followers to choose from would add more variety ....2vs1 or tag team matches would also be kinda cool now that I think about it *.*

• 4 years later...