Can't launch game, no clue why.

Maicol0815

So, I've modded the game, obviously, and recently updated a lot of mods to the newest version so I could play. But, for some reason my game won't launch.
I accidentally launched it through Steam earlier today, and it ran fine. Then I quit to go eat and afterwards decided to launch the game again but through vortex so my mods would be enabled.
Now, the new saves might become unplayable since I didn't launch from Vortex and missing mods might done something, but I'm fine with that.
Anyway, after updating some mods I decided to launch the game but was greeted by an error.
"Cyberpunk 2077 encountered and error caused by corrupted or missing archives and will now be forced to close.
Please verify integrity of game files for Cyberpunk 2077 before the next launch."

And as expected, I did what it asked, I verified the game files with Steam and tried launching through Steam again, to make sure it at least works that way.
But alas, it did not. Same error.

Any idea what might cause this?

EDIT: Also since I can't launch the game how can I find out the game version so I can double check that my mods are compatible with current version of the game?
EDIT2: Well, I managed to get the game started by reinstalling. We'll see if it starts with it's issues again.

Edited by Maicol0815

Well, instead of getting a crash when I start the game, I now get a crash in in main menu, either when clicking continue, load game, settings, whatever I press in the main menu results in CTD.
I am so confused right now. It literally worked like 20-30 min ago and nothing changed in between except me changing a setting in the config files. After the first crash I reverted the change but it made no difference.
Constant crashes seem to just appear randomly in this game. One day it's fine, the next day it's unplayable...

Edited by Maicol0815

• 2 weeks later...

im getting the same error too. i only have a few mods. On the steam forum, someone saif we have to manually delete mod files / folder and then verify.

so this will be a process as im not sure what files are mods and which were vanilla.

i wonder if vortex would be able to auto delete mode files even if mods were installed without it?

I got the same error today. Deleting Mod settings fixed the issue. Then found that the modder also updated the mod, so all is fine now. Make sure to delete the scripts for mod settings as well, and all virtual atelier scripts too until the update.

heya, what is the patch location for those scripts?

I got the same error today. Deleting Mod settings fixed the issue. Then found that the modder also updated the mod, so all is fine now. Make sure to delete the scripts for mod settings as well, and all virtual atelier scripts too until the update.

May you tell me/us where to find the config/settings to delete?

I had same problem. I started it once. It worked, but now it flatlines always.

• 3 weeks later...

While CET-dependant mods (Metro-Mod, car customizer) work flawlessly, activating redscript (latest version via vortex) keeps the game from loading. After deactivation of redscript (Vortex menu) the Steam launcher demands a file-check, after which the game (without redscript) works perfectly. Are there any old redscript files I have to delete manually in order to solve this?