Vortex not able to download Mods

yeetabixxx

After just purchasing Nexusmods Premium to be able to download Collections, it keeps giving me the same SSL Error Message . After reinstalling Vortex, turning off Firewalls and my Virus scanner, it still persists, and I don't know what to do.

Thanks in advance.

This is most likely to be either your local Anti-virus has messed up your security certificates or is blocking Vortex from connecting to the internet.

A couple of things to try otherwise are to install any Windows Updates that are waiting and ensure the date/time on your PC is correct.

Like I said I already turned off my Anti Virus and added an exclusion for the Vortex EXE. I just checked I installed all Updates and the system date/time is correct.

I used Mod Organizer 2 before and downloading worked with it maybe this information helps.

I'm sorry to hear you're having this problem, however it's 100% not on Vortex. What's happening here is Vortex is attempting to communicate with the internet and is getting the error listed in the screenshot back. The reasons for the error are listed in the message.

If you can work out what on your PC specifically is triggering it I'd be curious to know if there's something we can do to cater for this better.

• 10 months later...

I've been having a similar issue with this same error message and it seems to be very similar to the issue I had with the Adobe Creative Cloud suite desktop app. The only way I solved this issue in both cases is... closing my browser [in my case Firefox] while downloading updates/files. I assume what's happening is something along the lines of whatever settings are active or ports are used while the browser is running disrupts this type of launcher apps connections to the internet? Someone who's more versed in porting/firewalls/networks would have to diagnose the exact issue but I hope this helps a lot in pin-pointing it and at least help people circumnavigate it in the mean time.

Edited by ModifiedMadness

yeah same. I bought premium just to download a collection and now vortex just won't work. Super cool

That's weird because I had zero issues downloading and installing a collection a week or so ago. Decided I wanted to rebuild and try a new collection. Now I'm having this issue as well. Timeout error. Have not installed anything or done anything different.

I ended up uninstalling vortex, skyrim, and all mods. I also cleared cookies and uninstalled my vpn. I also completely disabled firewall.

After doing so, it's still very hit or miss on which mods will download and which ones won't. I keep retrying the ones that failed and some go through. This is on a brand new install. So I'm not sure what's going on but I haven't changed anything from collection 1 to collection 2 and ran into this. Also constantly having an error about loading the masterlist. (Which I have deleted, before and after I uninstalled vortex completely)