Are Halo mods ok to upload now?

Tomdogg449

So I have a bunch of mods that I got off of Fallout 3 underground more than a decade ago. These mods are things from other video games like Halo, Metro 2033, Section 8 and some others. Back in 2010 to 2011, all of these mods were getting pulled off the Nexus because they were copyrighted material or something like that.

Does anyone know if it's safe to post them now? Because I would really like to share them with the world again.

I had a response typed to this... But then I had a bit of a confusion which I'll address below. Keep in mind, I do not speak for the admins or moderators, so take what I say with a grain of salt until they actually respond, but I think I've generally gotten the idea of what is permitted. I hope this is helpful.

You are still not allowed to post direct files/ports from other games, those assets fall under copyright still, but the confusion I had was that mods do get ported between games even though this is generally not allowed. However I found this link addressing the kinds of ports that are acceptable because Nexus has requested permission directly. They want to keep a good reputation with the developers.

I'd be cautious about posting those mods you reference without reading this. Also make sure you know exactly what's in the mods you want to upload.

https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/Porting_content