Importing Profiles to Vortex

Kagutou

Hello, I recently had some *very* severe computer issues and am still resolving them and trying to get everything back to normal. I have Vortex freshly installed, and all of my mods and profiles from before are backed up on a separate hard drive. I have copied my profiles from my old install into the location where they are supposed to be, but they do not show in Vortex profiles. Is there something else I need to move from somewhere?

What kind of issues do you mean? If they are not yet resolved many of your programs may not work right.

What is the game you have mods for? Skyrim? Fallout 4? Something else?

Without more specifics, I have to guess what your problem is.

Where are your games and Vortex stored on your PC? Best practice is to avoid installing to C:/Programs because of how Authorized User Control works on that drive and in that directory (folder). A lot of operating system stuff is located there, so a lot of what we want to do with games and mods won't work correctly there. The concern is that it might damage your OS files or infect them.

Keep your games and mod managers like Vortex in a different directory (folder) on your hard drive like C:/Games. That's what I do, and it works much better.

Edited by jaydawg55

What kind of issues do you mean? If they are not yet resolved many of your programs may not work right.

What is the game you have mods for? Skyrim? Fallout 4? Something else?

I had to do a factory reset to restore my computer back to normal, but I backed everything up on another hard drive, so everything should be back to normal I was able to move my mods from the back up to the new Vortex after I reinstalled, and all of those show up fine, but after moving my profiles to the same location as where Vortex has set them up, the ones I copied over from the backup into Vortex folder don't show in Vortex.

Skyrim is what I'm working with now