• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

shadekur

shadekur

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Qualifier: I could have sworn I had seen half square floor tiles in the shape of a right triangle somewhere in FO4 Build mode. That being said...

I'm looking for a simple(?) mod that will allow me to add right triangle (half a square, separated at the hypotenuse) flooring, maybe even roofing, to my builds. I've included a pic of a reservoir I'm constructing in Vault 88 which includes perimeter walkways. The blocky look, which I want to offset with the requested mod, is playing havoc with my OCD.

Baseline requests: Available for all vanilla flooring option squares (at the very least the 256 x 256 squares) for Wood, Metal, Concrete, Warehouse, and Barn. I utilize the Warehouse floor blocks (256 x 256 x 320) more than all the other floor options combined.

Nice-to-Haves: 1) Fully compatible with vanilla small-square floors (128 x 128) wherever they are available in the above categories;

2) Fully compatible with moriartykain's Custom Concrete Walls with Window Glass mod* (particularly the Grey Concrete floors, including the glass ones);

3) Fully compatible with Akaman's Build Your Own Pool mod, so that the right-triangle version of the water marker(s) completes any solid right-triangle flooring I may use at the edge of my pools (the least necessary, I realize, since you can place water markers which 'go through' solid material; but hey someone may want to make a diamond-shaped - relative to their rectangular floor plan - pool).

*Which moriartykain based on cartman1975's original mod of similar name.

Attached File  FO4_tri_floor.jpg   131.46KB   9 downloads

Thanks for reading, and comments (even the thorny ones) of course welcome.

- Shady

Edited by shadekur, 31 August 2022 - 06:13 pm.

instyne49

instyne49

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 827 posts

I don't know how much this helps, I don't have the game currently installed. At Jamaica Plains the Red Rocket is destroyed on the one side. On the second floor there's a hole in the building next to the Red Rocket. I put a doorway in and repair the section over the garage to make a bunk area. Standing in the doorway facing the garage is a small section of floor that requires a triangular floor piece to repair the existing building. The building kit that has the matching brick walls for the Red Rocket has a triangular piece. I don't remember if it's a wood or metal piece, but it exists. I also don't remember the exact mod name but I'm pretty sure it's Snappy Housekit  https://www.nexusmod...out4/mods/11639  I really hope this helps you out. I've been following some of the new mods for FO4 and am getting ready to reinstall. I have Way to many hours in Fallout 76 and need a break. Happy building.

pepperman35

pepperman35

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 997 posts

I believe the Settlement Objects Expansion Pack has some triangular-shaped  floor pieces.  

Dreadshow

Dreadshow

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Homemaker also has some, base game as some only in Concrete.

RoNin1971

RoNin1971

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts

I don't have 'm yet, but do plan to add some triangular floors to my mod, as well as rounded. (walls too)

RoNin's Vault Pieces

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fo4 floor mods, f04 building, floor

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.911 seconds