[Insert Location Name] is being attacked! AND? Am I supposed to care?

Lollia

You can play the game without settlements, you need to skip When Freedom Calls.. and the Minutemen quest line.

When Freedom Calls Quest Tweak mod.

That mod terminates the quest when you return to Preston in the Museum - i.e. you get your XP for finishing it and you have no more open quests for the Minutemen - and won't unless you return to Sanctuary and talk to Preston - which as we all know every time you talk to Preston he gives you like 5 quests..... Brilliant.

You can play the game without settlements, you need to skip When Freedom Calls.. and the Minutemen quest line.

When Freedom Calls Quest Tweak mod.

That mod terminates the quest when you return to Preston in the Museum - i.e. you get your XP for finishing it and you have no more open quests for the Minutemen - and won't unless you return to Sanctuary and talk to Preston - which as we all know every time you talk to Preston he gives you like 5 quests..... Brilliant.

There is a mod that limits the number of quests from preston that can be active at any one time. I have it set to something like 1... or maybe 3. Works great.

I've seen that, but TBH I've never bothered with the Minutemen until the end-game.

By then you've learned the fate of your boy and can finally settle on figuring out how in the hell to make this a better place for you to live amidst all this chaos.

By the end game, getting saturated with quests isn't necessarily a bad thing - because a lot of the game has already been done.

It's a complete cluster-flock in the opening minutes of the game.