Mojave Reloaded (Another Reloaded Mod? Wow. Lame.) WIP!

ToxicWhiteout

Sir, Maj, Scout's solution would be would only be a short-term and short-live solution to our system wide problems. Where would the manpower for these Riot or Shock Troopers come from? Existing units? New trainees? If the former, we'd be draining desperately needed semi-trained or experienced troops from the front-lines units. If the latter, we'd still have to wait several extra weeks or even months for those Riot or Shock troopers to get trained. In addition, much of the training and equipment that these riot or shock troopers will get should be applied/given to most of the army, not just for these specialized troops. The majority of trooper deaths can be linked to limited or poor training in general.

There will be many times where these riot troopers will not be available where our enemies attacks or defends. The enemy has shown an unfortunate ability to attack us at their convenience. What if these riot troopers get decimated fighting our enemies? Or if they're engaged elsewhere when regular troopers are attacked in a different sector? What then? We wait for more of these riot troopers to be trained or finish up before we try to re-engage the enemy with the riot-troopers' special urban combat skills? We don't have the luxury of picking when to attack or defend. As you said, we are spread out and it'll be our regular troopers that will be taking the brunt of those attacks/defence. So instead of focusing on creating a specialized unit with urban combat skills, we should actually teach said urban combat skills to the entire force. That'll give us far greater flexibility in the deployment of troops.

As for the equipment, unfortunately General bjornl, these riot troopers aren't as cost-effective as you may think. Despite the Service Rifle being our standard service firearm, there still many troopers armed with caravan shotguns, 10mm submachine guns, and 9mm submachine guns. Hell I've seen some only armed with just their sidearms! So our main advantage of ranged firepower over our enemy isn't actually being fully taken advantage of. As shown time and time again, our service rifles do provide our troopers with a flexible weapon that's still deadly at close or medium range. Also, the cost of one riot shotgun is enough to pay for ten Service Rifles. I do not believe one riot shotgun will equal sheer amount of power created by ten service rifles. Not to mention ammunition load: The sheer weight of a fully loaded riot shotgun drum magazine will limit how many drum magazines these riot troopers can carry. We're talking about 36 to 48 shotgun rounds at best. Compare that to the 6 to 8 twenty-round magazines that the average trooper will be carrying.

There there is the new heavy armor that these riot troopers will be wearing. I've read reports where some of our regular troopers aren't even equipped with simple body armor. The money spent on the heavy armors will more than likely pay for several regular or simple body armors for the troops already in field.

Like you said, we have limited resources. However we also have troopers that don't even have the basic weapons or armor needed for combat. So why not use our limited resources to actually get our forces to basic standards first?

Finally one last point and one that I assume will not and should not reach General Oliver's ears: General Oliver will more than likely not tolerate another specialized unit that could potentially take the glory or attention or credit from his personal NCR heavy troopers. The missions of these new Riot Troopers is a lot closer to that of Oliver's Heavy Troopers' missions than the missions of the Rangers. Look at how General Oliver is using the Rangers: They're regularly used incorrectly and often to soak up damage for his own heavy trooper forces. So I do not think these riot troopers will ever properly deployed if there's even a chance that they'll take the glory or attention or credit from his personal NCR heavy troopers.

To recap, my solutions are as follows:
Solution 1: We actually increase training for new soldiers as well as add additional training for units currently on the front-lines. An even extra 1 to 3 weeks of training for urban combat as well as how to engage moving targets will pay off huge dividends for the entire force. Even short refresher courses for units currently on the line would improve our chances against the enemy.

Solution 2: Additional weapons for the entire army: We increase adoption of the Service Rifle as rapidly possible in order to maintain our ranged firepower edge. In addition, I propose we add a ranged weapon with scope to each fireteam to further increase the ranged firepower at the individual fireteam level. Finally, possibly a light automatic weapon added at the squad level would also help out as well. Or even ranged explosive weaponry like a grenade launcher.

Solution 3: Body armor for our forces. As noted earlier, many of our troopers aren't even equipped with body armor. That has a knockdown effect on morale as well enables the enemy's close-range weapons to do even more damage to our regular troopers.

With all three solutions combined, we will stand a far better chance against an enemy that prefers to get in close to our forces before engaging than having just one specialized unit having skills and equipment that has be drained for other units.

Lets do a little role-playing...
Col. Dangman, Maj. Scout has come forth with a troop re-allocation plan which he says will better counter the current threat we face on the field. Your methodology in the past has proven sound and well thought out, so I would love to have your thoughts on this before I take it to Gen. Oliver.
The problem to solve is this: we are thin in a number of locations. The enemy tactics feature a predilection for closing as rapidly as possible and overrun our positions and engage in hand to hand combat which we at present are ill equipped to counter. Furthermore the last major urban engagement went badly for us as the fighting in the tight areas of boulder city resulted in nearly catastrophic losses to our most seasoned troops. We need something which is both cost effective, manpower effective while still raising our capabilities in this area. Maj. Scout's approach, while not ideal, would seem to present a solution which is feasible economically, resource light and not require large-scale retraining. What do you propose as a counter solution?

Edited by dangman4ever

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huge problem. I was working on it yesterday, and today I tried loading up my game and it crashed. The game loads fine without the file, but I can't get it to load with the file. I tried going into FNVEdit and undeleting all deleted references and disabling them instead. Then, I checked for errors and removed all of those. I did everything that could have possibly caused an error, but i still can't get it to load. It also works fine in GECK, so you may be able to find an error there. Can someone take a look at it for me?

(Requires Factions Reloaded - Legion)

http://www.4shared.com/file/ol5Iy8sj/mojavereloaded.html?

Edited by TheScout201

Sorry but I won't download from any site which requires me to login, it is a safety/privacy concern to use Facebook, google+ or similar things everywhere. Share it with adrive and publish some public credentials to DL it with. As ADrive allows filesharing.

You don't have to use facebook, google+ or anything like that. Adrive required a login too. Here's one that doesn't require any sort of login: http://www.filedropper.com/mojavereloaded

I've ADrive several dozen times the time; it does not require personal nor social-media linked logins. Only that the file-sharer have an account. Similar to DropBox.

Your previous share did require that I give social-media info to DL.

[00:03] Background Loader: [mojavereloaded.esp] Adding master "Factions Reloaded Legion.esp"
[00:03] Background Loader: [Factions Reloaded Legion.esp] Loading file
[00:03] Background Loader: Fatal: <EOSError: System Error.  Code: 2.
The system cannot find the file specified>
[00:11] Background Loader: finished

That error means you set "Factions Reloaded Legion.esp" as a master to mojavereloaded.esp. So long as no resources from"Factions Reloaded Legion.esp" are used in mojavereloaded.esp you can fix this via the GECK.

Start the GECK. Un-select all the files. Then click just once on mojavereloaded.esp and on the right you will see a window of its masters. Delete it there.

This error is what is causing your CTDs.

It's not showing up as a master for me. I know I set it as one before, but I may have tried to remove it when I was trying to figure out what was wrong or something. This is so confusing, and it seems like it should be such a simple fix.

Check again. It shows up for me, but I am unable to delete because either it actually is a master or it is just that I do not have the ESP in my path.