4 replies to this topic

klondikekiller

klondikekiller

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello

Literally just started playing around with nexus mods and I ran into an issue.

While using Google Chrome, I was not able to use the download using NMM option. When clicked, chrome would prompt me that the website wanted permission to launch NMM on my system. When I allowed this, NMM would launch but the download would error out and not start. I tried launching as admin before trying to use the download with nmm button, no dice. I then noticed that the path that chrome wanted to use to launch NMM was still that original install directory C:Program Files, which is no longer valid because I had to move the install folder to C:Games(windows8).

Anywho, it seems to work just fine using firefox. Wanted to post this in case anyone else had the issue. I am not sure how to get chrome to see the new path without uninstalling and reinstalling NMM in the C:Games directory contrary to the suggested default settings.

jmjmjm009

jmjmjm009

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Run Nexus Mod Manager as Administrator then download.

Arimikami

Arimikami

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

I've noticed that waiting for your browser to ask to open NMM is a little buggy sometimes regardless of what browser you're using. Try opening it ahead of time so you're not prompted in addition to what jmjmjm said.

Dominoes666

Dominoes666

Enthusiast

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

My browser doesn't even ask if i want to open it, it just opens. I have permissions turned off in UAC so that's probably what that is about.

Arimikami

Arimikami

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Ah. Mine asks twice for some reason if I want to DL a mod and if NMM isn't already open there's been times when it starts to and just kinda hangs so, I open it up before I even start looking for new mods now.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chrome, firefox, nmm, trouble, downloading, mods

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.022 seconds