Making mods of different time periods and themes

fantasyworldbuilder

I am considering creating a mod that is set in a different time period and has a different theme to the Fallout setting. Are there any issues that I should be aware of in doing this? Are there any licensing restrictions for using the Engine for historical period piece that may be an issue? Any advice or comments on this would be appreciated.

Neat idea. There arent any restrictions. Only issues if you would be using other peoples assets. For example there is a mod that goes ww2, has blimps (based off of rl blimps) and vintage cars. Forgot the name of the mod. Also had a time travel element to capture the feeling of another time. (far as I know the mod mentioned had no issues)

Only tip I can think of is decide what you want and take it one step at a time. Are you doing land mass or buildings? Having even a couple buildings or small area from another time might be neat. (shoot even a "diner" that's prewar filled with npcs all wearing pre war clothes would be nifty)..

Right on, that's really cool to hear about the idea, and thinking about the project. Very much wish you good luck!

Yeah, pretty much what Mavkiel is saying. About the use of assets. Bethesda doesn't allow a direct port of assets from one of their games to another, so anything from like, FNV to FO4 would be a no-no. They'd have to be custom made.

Crediting can create a few issues. Just make sure to list and thank the folks that are in on the project if there are any. Or sources to where assets are from, if that applies.

But yeah, that's awesome! Wish you the best on getting it together! :D