Make a collection notice previously installed mods.

ghoohg551

So, I got about 80% of the way through downloading a collection for fallout 4.

Then I noticed that it was putting the mods in a drive that was almost out of space as opposed to the one with plenty of space.

So I cancelled the download, and moved the folder to the new drive and configured vortex again.

I had to re-login, and then re-add the collection, but now even though I have almost all of the mods downloaded it's trying to make me download them again when I add the collection?

We get this feedback sporadically but nobody has ever provided enough detail to allow us to investigate/replicate it.

It's a good idea to say specifically which mods, which collection and which revision of that collection.

Vortex will recognise mods that are already installed provided they are exactly the same file the collection requires. This is somewhat limited for off-site resources though as we can't know for sure it's the same file until you download it and we compare the file hashes.

It's possible that the collection is set to require the "Latest" version of some mods and those mods have been updated since you started the process.

• 9 months later...

We get this feedback sporadically,

So, I got about 80% of the way through downloading a collection for fallout 4.

Then I noticed that it was putting the mods in a drive that was almost out of space as opposed to the one with plenty of space.

So I cancelled the download, and moved the folder to the new drive and configured vortex again.

I had to re-login, and then re-add the collection, but now even though I have almost all of the mods downloaded it's trying to make me download them again when I add the collection?

but nobody has ever provided enough detail to allow us to investigate/replicate it.

It's a good idea to say specifically which mods, which collection and which revision of that collection.

Vortex will recognize mods that are already installed provided they are exactly the same file the collection requires. This is somewhat limited for off-site resources though as we can't know for sure it's the same file until you download it and we compare the file hashes.

It's possible that the collection is set to require the "Latest" version of some mods and those mods have been updated since you started the process.

Pickysaurus: Thank you. I found your post very helpful. I had a power line that showed up twice and I didn't notice they were different versions until I found this. It may be something that is just automatically noticed to some, but without the gentle push in the right direction I would probably not have noticed it. Thanks again.