• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

TenShadows

TenShadows

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

I cannot equip the boots because, by some means, their Athletics fortification got bestowed on me permanently. I thought this sort of a thing only ever happened with quest items!

Could someone let me know the MagicID of the enchantment so that I could be rid of it? I suppose I could just install RefScope or something, but I've never had to dig that deep into things and I figured I'd try just asking first.

Oblivionaddicted

Oblivionaddicted

Resident poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,777 posts

Do you use mods?

Is your fortification displayed as an enchantment in the current effects menu?

TenShadows

TenShadows

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Do you use mods?

Is your fortification displayed as an enchantment in the current effects menu?

I use a lot of mods, and yes, it's pretty permanent. Classic Permanent Enchantment Glitch.

I've now figured out what causes it and I shouldn't have any trouble curbing it from here, but I still need that Fortify Athletics enchantment off me. Wouldn't want to cheat.

RomanR

RomanR

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

If they're from vanilla Oblivion, you're propably talking about steel boots, right? They seem pretty normal to me, they're under editorID "EnchSteelBootsFortAthletics" and there is "EnAppFortifyAthleticsLesser" (00064C7B) enchantment attached to them.  What caused the problem, why unequipping all your enchanted items didn't help?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: glitch, permanent enchantment, magicid

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.840 seconds