Photo

Does large static mesh cause bugs if it is placed across cell borders?

physics precombines previs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

dldrzz000

dldrzz000

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 209 posts

I think for just rendering there is no problems but for precombines, previs and pre-built physics I've no idea. Could someone have some explainations here?

LarannKiar

LarannKiar

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,715 posts

Large statics alone shouldn't cause bugs. Precombined/previs data is part of the Cell's data. Every object belongs to a Cell (this is the object's "parent cell"). An object's parent cell is the one where the object is "rooted". Where the object is rooted is determined by the object's center, which is one point.

dldrzz000

dldrzz000

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 209 posts

Large statics alone shouldn't cause bugs. Precombined/previs data is part of the Cell's data. Every object belongs to a Cell (this is the object's "parent cell"). An object's parent cell is the one where the object is "rooted". Where the object is rooted is determined by the object's center, which is one point.

Thank you for reply. I suppose I can merge all those small floor blocks together.

greekrage

greekrage

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Thank you for reply. I suppose I can merge all those small floor blocks together.

If you  do anything to change the object...move,merge(scol) etc... then you will effect precombined  and previs...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: physics, precombines, previs

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.833 seconds