How to install Mods for Fallout 3

was this helpful   

197 members have voted

1. 1. was this helpful at all???

• Yes !!!! thankyou
    • No....nothing i try works......
    • alittle bit
    • i`m just clicking this because i dont know what i`m doing ???

Update: Yesss, I installed Fellout (looks great) and DLC compatibility package and it shows up in the FOMM window! I can activate and deactivate, change sequence etc. Nice! :-)
So, .esp packages seem to work.
OK.
Other packages like NMC or Project Beauty can be installed via packet manager, but do not have any effect. So I assume they have to be installed manually since scripts are missing? Or is there a way of FOMM hadling it to activate/deactivate, deinstall, etc.?
Does it matter how I launch F3 through FOSE, launch directly or through the original launcher?

Yeah, a lot of questions again, but getting closer step by step ;-)

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha! Getting there :-)

Looks like installing the unofficial F3 Patch made some things work. Now textures from the nmc package appear. Pretty!

Darn UI is also great!

Now I will check out pip boy mods, still have to learn about installing stuff manually.

Thank you so far!

Looks like installing the unofficial F3 Patch made some things work. Now textures from the nmc package appear. Pretty!

Well, actually the unofficial patch has nothing whatsoever to do with NMC pack. Not that it really matters, but still.

Does it matter how I launch F3 through FOSE, launch directly or through the original launcher?

It does when you start adding mods that rely on FOSE to work. I'd therfore recommend simply launching the game through FOSE all the time.

BlackRampage & BurnTwice - Hello!

"Well, actually the unofficial patch has nothing whatsoever to do with NMC pack. Not that it really matters, but still."

That's true but if BurnTwice used the .exe to install UF3P, that comes bundled with ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated.

It'll be the activation of ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated that fixed BurnTwice's textures not showing up rather than the UF3P.

Just as long as BurnTwice does not use the built in NMM or FOMM version of archive invalidation as well as ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated, all will be well. :)

Prensa

Hi, long time no see ;-)

Well, I´m wasting much time roaming the wasteland with a lot of mods and plugins turned on ...

That means... it works now!

Recently activated Broke Steel and mods work flawless here too.

Thanks for helping!

With your advices and some digging about the file structure of the F3 installation and where all the stuff has to go almost everything works now.

Learning about ArchiveInvalidation.txt also helped a lot ;)

Few mods however do not work or not work right.

For example F3ProjectRealityMkI caused a freeze and Extravagant Pip-Boy 3000a v1_2 Battery German v2_0-14129 does not work at all, but that´s not too bad.

The rest makes F3 look great and more fun!

Ah, can anyone recommend a mod making nuke explosions (or exlposions in general) more spectacular?

The standard boom goes quite fast, no pressure wave etc. ;-)

• 1 month later...

Can't find a topic for this but maybe it will make it to the right person somehow. I have tried every way i know to download FOMM and even if they start to download it aborts everytime. I want to download mods but really would like to get it all together 1st, I can't even get the unofficail patch to download it does the same thing..it's like the critical files can't be downloaded. Pass it on or please help.

Thanks guys oh and to save us all time I use mods in oblivion and skyrim so experience is not an issue here ;)

• 1 month later...

Hello, I've been adding mods to Fallout for a while ( I know the basics) and I just tried to download FWE for it.
I eventually gave up on it and tried to do without FWE, and now the game won't start at all ( Without any mods or dlc's either)

Can anyone link me to something useful or offer any help?

(Also my English is a little bit bad, sorry)

Edited by Someperson131

• 1 year later...

Hey guys. i'm having a lot of trouble getting NMCs texture mod working. i've tried installing it manually, with Fallout mod manager, nexus mod manager and tried Archiveinvalidation too but nothing seems to work.
It should show up in data files when i launch the game right like other mods right?

I'm using windows 8.1 and have Fallout installed under program files (x86)

Hey guys. i'm having a lot of trouble getting NMCs texture mod working. i've tried installing it manually, with Fallout mod manager, nexus mod manager and tried Archiveinvalidation too but nothing seems to work.

It should show up in data files when i launch the game right like other mods right?

I'm using windows 8.1 and have Fallout installed under program files (x86)

If, as you say, you tried to install NMC manually , you should have noticed that there was neither an .esm nor an .esp. So there is nothing to show in the data files. This is not the type of mod you are thinking of. This is a texture replacer and does not need an .esm or .esp to function, as long as it was installed properly and archive invalidation was toggled.

• 2 weeks later...

Nevermind I did it. BTW, I have been installing my games except steam games under games under OS©.I don't bother with that program86 or even Program area....Too buggy sometimes. Never had a problem since switching places. I Have Win7 is why I said OS©.

Edited by Papajack55