How to install Mods for Fallout 3

was this helpful   

197 members have voted

1. 1. was this helpful at all???

• Yes !!!! thankyou
    • No....nothing i try works......
    • alittle bit
    • i`m just clicking this because i dont know what i`m doing ???

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, so I just put that program into my data folder and then use it there?

Sorry,i forgot...Archive invalidated is now part of fallout mod manager,so open Fomm and click

toggle invalidation.(needs newer version of Fallout mod manager )

If you are gonna use archive invalidated,just extract it,open archive invalidated exe and

click activate . It does not matter where you put it, you can have it on desktop or in data.

Ok quick question i already have my DLC's running from data folder but i wanted to install Alexscorpians new pipboy but lost my saves due to g4wl not working with fose. Where abouts do i move them to and is there a folder in Fallout3/Data/ i need to create or do i just drop them straight into the Data like the DLC's?

Thanx

-Jay

• 2 weeks later...

2.5 quick questions

1)

how do i access the dlc from the falout 3 GOTY without being on live?

I get as far as

C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\XLive

on my vista but there's no DLC folder.

1.5)

I'm missing something here?

2)

I lose access to my saved game(s) when i'm not connected to Live. Is there a way around it?

I'm asking this question here because playing the DLCs without Live would cause this annoyance all the time.

Many thinks, now I can finally add some Op:A and Broken Steel to my mod that I am working on.

Thanks to this handy little(Large) guide, I got my game working properly again, AND am able to access resource files. Not to mention speed up the load times since it is an extra process that isn't started. Achievements were worthless in this game anyways.

~Edit

Oh, by the way, this wasn't entirely clear by what the title post said, but you just move the saves up one file from the profile into the saves folder. It isn't anywhere near the data files in fallout3. I had to noodle my way through that one for a bit before I figured it out.

No extra program needed. Just a drag and drop.

In other words you go from

This

C:\Users\(User_name)\Documents\My Games\Fallout3\Saves\(Profile_name)

To this

C:\Users\(User_name)\Documents\My Games\Fallout3\Saves

Because when you disable windows live you disable profiles. it still looks for(And saves characters) in the saves folder though. hope that helps anyone who got sorta confused why they couldn't play their saves.

This is on vista, but shouldn't be much more of a stretch on XP. In fact, it would probably be easier with XP.

yea most people know this i don`t use live myself for the pc laggggg alot but then again it maybe something to do with my xbox live account lol, having a game tag with 878670 gaing points dose not help with most game with 900+ points i`m happy this guide helped you some there is alot of info in here :)

I'm having some issues for the G4WL disabler. I clicked the Disable button and then told it to move the DLCs. It moved the Mothership Zeta esm but Operation Anchorage and The Pitt are nowhere to be seen. What should I do?

Also, where can I find the Live folder that is supposed to have the esm's on Vista?