Is there a way for printscreen in JPG?

Sucrilhus

I usually take my screenshots, rename the files and have that extra-step of converting each one of them into JPG. Because frankly, I don't need the quality (and size) of bmp.

I'm wondering if it's possible to make my skyrim take pictures directly in jpg format.

Anyone knows how?

Thanks in advance

PS: Now that I came to think of it...

I could just use steam... LoL

Edited by Sucrilhus

There is fraps but to have it in jpg you have to have the paid version(it's bmp in the free version), but all i do is change the file extension and it works, but other that that i do not know, sorry.

For some reason I thought the conversion wouldn't work properly if I just changed the name of the extension. As in... the file would be an oversized jpg.

Good call on fraps, I've been only using it to record footage, but I'll give it a try with screenshots too

Thank you

You're welcome!

You can also control where the screenshots go. The bmps that Skyrim makes tend to be hidden away. It's not so easy to upload the jpegs to your Steam profile, though.

You can also set your fans to be controlled by Afterburner. I have mine defaulted to 30% at 30ºC and increment by 1% per ºC. It rarely gets above 60ºC. Without it, I hit 95º within minutes of launching Skyrim.

I just have to remember to apply the profile when I boot up, otherwise it defaults to 50% for some reason. Probably something in my card's Catalyst settings.

~.~

I'm utterly scared of changing things with my graphics card.

But changing the Fan Settings sounds like a good idea, I'll play a little with that too.

(Overclocking is a big "no" in my book though... I'm pretty sure I would mess up something if I attempted to overclock my GPU hahah)

Thank you again, I appreciate the help