I Need Help Can Anyone Out There Help Me !

bigb3n007

When i try to start up OBMM and lauch Oblivion i get an error saying "Extra information should have been saved to 'obmm_crashdump.txt' in oblivion's base directory. Error message: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\obmm\data' is denied. If there is any one out there that could help me out I would really appreciate it. I don't know how to get reed of this error message. It is preventing me from getting into Oblivion.

:unsure:

The rest is just part of the error message that I have been getting :

The text of obmm_crashdump.txt:

Thursday, April 30, 2009 - 2:50:08 AM

1.1.12 (Safe mode)

OS version: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

Type: System.UnauthorizedAccessException

Error message: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\obmm\data' is denied.

Stack trace: at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)

at System.IO.File.Open(String path, FileMode mode)

at OblivionModManager.Program.Exit()

at OblivionModManager.Program.Main(String[] args)

It looks like the OBMM program may be corrupted or installed wrong. Try reinstalling OBMM. Be sure you have the latest Oblivion patch - or SI patch if you use SI.

Note that OBMM is not required to run anything. It actually closes before Oblivion starts. Once the load order is set, and any OMODS are installed you can start using the Oblivion launch icon instead of OBMM. So Dezi's suggestion should work. If not there is a problem with the game also.

I know it's a pain but you may be up against a reinstall of both Oblivion and Oblivion Mod Manager. If neither of you have any clue as to what you did and what went wrong or how to get it right again, just start over with a clean plate. You'll know you have a good install of Oblivion then and no corrupted files anywhere.

Backup your mods first.

Uninstall Oblivion.

Uninstall Oblivion Mod Manager.

Delete the Oblivion folder.

Next:

Install Oblivion and your expansions.

Install Oblivion Mod Manager and follow the directions closely.

Use Oblivion Mod Manager to create OMODs of your "mods" and then install them.

Download a program on TESNEXUS called BOSS. Stands for Better Oblivion Sorting Software- Get version 1dot3 22APR09.

Install BOSS and run it. It will auto sort your mods in the correct load order for conflict free Oblivion goodness.

Note, if BOSS finds a module you have running that it doesn't recognize it will place it at the end of the mod list. Read the result it gives you and it'll tell you if there were unknown mods in your order. If so, you need to manually place them yourself by using the "move up" function in Oblivion Mod Manager. Place them with mods of the same "theme". Like if it's a weapons mod it didn't recognize, put that mod with your other weapons mods or if there are no other weapons mods, put it with your armor mods, etc.

BOSS recognizes and correctly orders over 7,000 mods as of this build. I'm running around 120 mods on my Oblivion install and BOSS recognizes all but 15 of them. I have to manually place those. No big deal.

Good luck, sounds like maybe your buddy is more adept at this so maybe he/she should do it for you.

Later

why are you starting the game useing OBMM.Unless you have a mod which requires OBSE,you should launch your game the normal way

Nothing wrong with launching Oblivion from OMM at all. There's a lot of mods that require OBSE, OMM has it built in and the OP may not know if one of them needs OBSE or not. I always launch from OMM but then I've got a whole lot of mods and many require OBSE.

When i try to start up OBMM and lauch Oblivion i get an error saying "Extra information should have been saved to 'obmm_crashdump.txt' in oblivion's base directory. Error message: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\obmm\data' is denied. If there is any one out there that could help me out I would really appreciate it. I don't know how to get reed of this error message. It is preventing me from getting into Oblivion.

:unsure:

The rest is just part of the error message that I have been getting :

The text of obmm_crashdump.txt:

Thursday, April 30, 2009 - 2:50:08 AM

1.1.12 (Safe mode)

OS version: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

Type: System.UnauthorizedAccessException

Error message: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\obmm\data' is denied.

Stack trace: at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)

at System.IO.File.Open(String path, FileMode mode)

at OblivionModManager.Program.Exit()

at OblivionModManager.Program.Main(String[] args)

Is Oblivion intalled in the default directory with windows NT 5.+ the program files directory is readonly and hardwired that way try, if this is the case, reinstalling in a direcory especially made for games and make sure you put some where that isn't conected to the operating files of windows.

Archived