does this mod exist? cant find it

mstate803

looking for a mod that lets you use the female hair on male and vice versa

mostly so I can use the dorsal fin on the female argonian

I can't use hair packs because of the face replacer mod i'm using but I can use the vinila hairs so I was wondering if this mod exists or?

I don't recall any such mod in existance off the back of my head, but it's a rather simple and straight-forward task performed in the CS in no time.

The heads are one and the same for males and females of the same race, thus the hairstyles will fit both genders seamlessly as well.

It's just the 'selection' of available hairstyles which is limited by race and gender, simple drag&drop lists for both genders in the race settings in the CS.

A hairstyle isn't 'flagged' as male or female either and as such nothing can prevent you from making a female hairstyle available to males as well.

I'd say go ahead, open your Construction Set, in the "Data Files" menu select only the "Oblivion.esm", so it will create a new empty plugin for you, then open the Argonian race dialog and locate the male hair/hornstyle selection, open the global hairstyle management popup for the list of available Vanilla hairstyles in existance, and drag&drop the dorsal fins into the hairstyle list of the male Argonians. Save your plugin, activate it, and give it a try.

There should be a guide giving more-detailed instructions how to drag&drop hairstyles from the global management list into the available-for-selection lists of a race's genders floating somewhere around, as well as a guide how to use the CS and where the different menus I was talking of can be found, available here, or at other places. It's been a while since I was last actively modding though and currently I can't even open the CS to take a look for the details myself.

A mod such as this will likely require proper Bash-tagging and -merging into your bashed patch, so it won't conflict with other race-changing mods and undo their changes. But you could as well be lucky and the lists of available hairstyles for selection for the different races' genders can be merged seamlessly by the game engine on mod load as well already. But I'd say better safe than sorry. A mod that touches any race in any way is almost surefire known to undo all other mods' changes touching the same race when loading later.

herm

ok ill try that I guess

or try to figure it out

I have zero experience in making mods or fooling around with the cs and stuff :P

aaand I understood half of that last part

but ok ill just mess around and see what I can do I guess idk

if someone could do this for me that would be appreciated but not demanding or anything, just, that would be nice

specifically all I really want to do is make the dorsal fin useable on the female argonian if that wasn't clear

ty for the reply

and so soon 2

:nuke:

ohohoh i think i figured it out

I made the new plugin, or i think i did

then I clicked on character and then hair and then found all the different hairs and stuff

when you click on them they have a "can be male" or "can be female" option

so I am assuming thats what that does

gona try it out