Clumbsy movement and overall collision system

marciosilva

I honestly don't know how to put this simple, so let me explain:

1. I love the game, the possibility to further customize it with mods, but even without any type of mod, the game is already enjoyable.

2. Every game has its own control scheme and system, wich I end up getting used to. However...

Have you ever stepped on a small stone or footstep, only to watch your clumbsy character run against it like it was a 10 ft height rock that he/she can't jump over?

Have you noticed how come small game decorative elements tend to prevent you to move on?

Have you seen how, while riding a horse, if you try to ram a chicken over, the chicken always wins, forcing the horse to run around it? And sometimes, the chicken even stops the horse movement?

These are those small things that makes a guy go crazy insane and annoyed because of the game immersion feeling. In real life, if I go in a chicken direction, it runs away from me. But even if it doesn't, I can just jump over or move the chicken to the side. It makes no sense at all, riding a horse, or even on foot, my character is stopped by a chicken! The same happens with dogs, and those are really annoying. Imagine doing the whole Clavicus Vile questline with Barbas following you all the time without using fast travel. What a pain. That pup can be damm usefull with the dragon priests and some other tougher bosses, but most of the time it simply annoys. Go through a door, the dog is spawned right to my side and makes me turn some other direction. Same if I'm riding a horse.

I imagine this is related with the collision method applied in Skyrim, but I wonder...

Is there any mod or mods combination to help prevent these issues? There are basically 2 things I would like to fix:

- the movement when the character jumps and runs over small objects like footsteps and stones in the floor - to be able to jump them over without constantly have to use the jump key. Use the jump key only to really jump to the medium and some larger rocks (according to what a real person could jump to)

- the collision box on some animals and objects. If a barrel is on my way, I go around, sure. But if my path crosses a chicken route... OH NOES, I AM MOVED AWAY BY A CHICKEN ! Please, no.

Thanks for reading!

Edited by marciosilva

The mod Requiem modifies the mass of a lot creatures npcs etc, and with it now you can just knock over someone or something smaller then you, while bigger creatures like mammoths or giants can send you flying. Riding over a chicken will now knock it over and can even kill it, but be careful as it can be counted as assault or even murder.

Maybe I'll try that mod, thank you!

Edit: maybe not... I don't like the idea of having enemies with unknown levels, and possibly preventing me to complete quests I need to do. And more, I already have a perk-mod, so it would conflict with Requiem.

* wonders what's the bounty after running over a chicken *

Edited by marciosilva

Same as hitting said chicken, if it belongs to anyone, then like any other animal with owners itc counts as assault, i think.

Yes Requiem is changes quite a lot it also handplaces a lot of bosses, items etc. Some of its features i dont like that much but its worth it for the good ones( the dynamic mass system for example, or the fact that you get passive bonuses after your base stats(stamina, magicka,health). If you ever want to do a new play-thru id definetly recommed you try Requiem ;)