peregrine111

I have no idea why, but on my latest playthrough I started experiencing VERY weird graphical glitches.

My entire screen starts flashing extremely bright white (to the point there's sometimes less than 10% screen is non-white).

This happens when near "glowing" enemies, as well as some robots. From fiddling around the robot workbench, I can say at the very least it's caused by the Sensor Array, the Stealth Field, Resistance Field and Regeneration Field. It doesn't even happen as soon as they are on screen. No. It happens when I get closer than some ~5 meters maybe?

I've tried verifying the game files but it seems nothing was corrupted and it does the thing anyways. Tried turning off NAC (which is probably the only mod I have that should even affect graphics in this way) but it did nothing as well. Turing off the ENB only dims the blinding whiteness by about 5-10%. Stripping all gear does nothing either.

Weird thing is, when I load a different character and spawn a glowing enemy or fiddle with robot workbench, I'm not getting those flashes (even through the mods loaded remain the same, which makes me think it might be vanilla issue..... if not for the absolute lack of info I could google). It seems it's specifically on this last character I made.. Which is weird because I think I'm using the same damn build and gear lol.

I'm assuming one or more shaders related to a mob giving off an ambient glow got messed up (or something on the player character related to RECEIVING AoE buff/debuff aura's effect), but WHY it only affects that single character is beyond me.

For now, I can at least pick a different mod on Ada so she's somewhat usable, but some enemy robots, as well as all "glowing" enemies are a problem, if they decide to attack in melee... I literally can't see enough to do anything so I just VATS and hope for the best. The effect waves away a second or two after such enemy dies or I leave their proximity.

Anyone got any insight?

Edited by peregrine111

I'm assuming one or more shaders related to a mob giving off an ambient glow got messed up (or something on the player character related to RECEIVING AoE buff/debuff aura's effect), but WHY it only affects that single character is beyond me.

Unfortunately, if a mod is unstable, there's only a chance it'll glitch out so it won't happen on every save game. ("Unfortunately" because it usually makes it more difficult to find and fix the problem).

You could check the comments sections of the mods which adds/change effects or shaders as someone might already have posted about this issue.

That picture is showing some MASSIVE flare bloom.

My suspect would be ENB or light level changing mods. Particularly, a combination of the two.

I'll recommend this mod, to see if it helps any. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16446 put it towards the end of your load order. But if the cause is an emb or something done with .ini settings, it may not counteract it.

I would also check the game settings, from the main menu.

I'd also run my video card through a performance check. You'll have to look online for that, depending on your vid card.