Mass Effect Modder Texture Extraction Help

Deudrop

I'm hoping someone can help me figure some things out. I'm completely new to modding MELE and I'm having issues with extracting textures in Mass Effect Modder. I'm specifically trying to extract Liara's head texture from ME1 which I already replaced with a mod from here but wanted to alter it a bit just for myself, of course wouldn't publish. However whenever I "Extract to DDS" all that I am getting is the alpha channel. If anyone has any guidance it would be VERY much appreciated~

• 6 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but I am having exactly the same issue on a different file. I decided to try and make additions to MentalHygiene's Cat Suits for Femshep mod (also not intending to publish unless MH is interested in including them with their mod), as a proof of concept for myself. The issue I have is with the normal map on Miranda's loyalty outfit, I also only get the alpha channel when extracting through MEM. If anyone out there knows a solution or a better tool, it would be a big help (hopefully to Deudrop too).