BoredBulgarian

Okay so basically after I complete The Jagged Crown to General Tullius, he doesn't give me the next quest and the game simply crashes. I did look at the forums and the best thing I could find was a suggestion to remove paarthurnax dilemma but still I get CTD. I'm confused as to how mods that don't have anything to do with quest scripts, general tullius, the jagged crown and the imperial legion can cause a ctd, then again I'm not a pro at modding.

Got lasted version of Skyrim, SKSE, cleaned skyrim.esm and all dlc withTES5edit, use BOSS and papyrus logging.

Mods currently active:

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
HearthFires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
ETaC - RESOURCES.esm
SPIKE.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
Brawl Bugs CE.esp
StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp
StaticMeshImprovementMod-DragonbornTernFix.esp
StaticMeshImprovementMod-FurnitureChestSnowFix.esp
AMatterOfTime.esp
UnlimitedBookshelves.esp
recipeammoarrows.esp
Skyforge_Plus.esp
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
Smoking Torches.esp
VariedGuards.esp
SkyUI.esp
AmuletOfTheNine.esp
Apex Werewolf.esp
Black Mage Armor.esp
BloodWitchArmor.esp
Cloaks.esp
Contractor Armor.esp
Evil MasterMind Armor.esp
hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
Immersive Weapons.esp
InfinityBlade.esp
isilNarsil.esp
Knight Of Thorns Armor.esp
matys medieval knights.esp
Mavari Armor.esp
Medusa and Drakul Armors.esp
PowerOfTheGods.esp
Raven Witch Armor.esp
SeraticHeavyArmorDark.esp
SilverDragonArmor.esp
Unique Uniques.esp
Dr_Bandolier.esp
AssassinsLair - no NPCs.esp
Beautiful Riften.esp
Beautiful Whiterun.esp
Dragon Falls Manor.esp
Hearthfire Cheat Chests.esp
HillHouse.esp
RayeksEnd.esp
RealisticWhiterun.esp
RiversideLodge.esp
Run For Your Lives.esp
The Asteria - Dwemer Airship.esp
winterhold_improvements.esp
faster vanilla horses.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
dD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp
Thieves Guild Requirements.esp
WerewolvesOccurringNaturally.esp
ETaC - Complete.esp
ETaC - Complete HF Patch.esp
Solitude A City Of Trade.esp
SummerSolstheim.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dungeons-Hazardous.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Interiors-Warm.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Nights-Level-2.esp
ConjurationMadnessModv1.esp
SSAPBWK.esp
BFSEffects.esp
The Dance of Death - Ultimate Edition.esp
UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp
UFO - Dawnguard AddOn.esp
UFO - Heartfire AddOn.esp
UFO - Dragonborn AddOn - Unofficial.esp
Blaze Of Eventide.esp
FollowerWander2.esp
Spousetocustomhome.esp
FollowerWander2Serana.esp
Purewaters.esp
PurewatersDG.esp
PurewatersDB.esp
GreenWaterFix_Compatible.esp
GreenWaterFix_v2withDawnguard.esp
skyforge_map_marker.esp
SummerMushrooms.esp
WinterholdDecay.esp
Vampirelordroyal.esp
BVandRB_Formlist.esp
SauronsArmor.esp

I get a 20MB papyrus log, tried copy pasting it here but browser crashed lol

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you need any other information which I may have forgotten or need to see my papyrus log then I'll happily supply you with whatever you need.

EDIT: So I decided to give the crown to Ulfric to see if I got ctd then. I didn't. So I went back to and noticed that Legate Rikke was back with Tullius whereas earlier when I was getting ctd she was still in the cave where the crown was located.

Edited by BoredBulgarian

• 2 weeks later...
She's meant to remain in korvanjund until the jagged crown is returned to ulfric or tulius. My guess would be that it's a minor glitch so I would suggest starting a new game and going straight to solitude to join the legion. If the glitch still occurs it could be a glitch with a mod so you'd have to disable all mods and try it. If the latter is the successful method, add each moy back one at a time to a save shortly before you hand the crown to tulius so you can single out the mod causing the error. Or you could just ditch the legion and side with the stormcloaks.

Did you find a fix for this? Because I am having the exact same problem...

I have scoured my mod list several times and for the life of me I can't imagine any of them that actually affect the civil war, other than Civil War overhaul or Live Another Life, but after posting on their comments section I've all but guaranteed that these mods aren't the problem.

I *really* don't want to disable hundreds of mods at a time only to find out that none of them are even to blame... :/

Just an update,

For me the problem was from a mod named "Whiterun Expansion" by AR15freedom1:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/37403//?

Through trial and error (disabling mods one by one) I found that the quest would advance when I disable this. It's a shame too because I really like this mod.

However I notice that this mod is not in your load order... so perhaps it is something to do with editing cells and/or scripts around whiterun? This would seem logical, since Jagged Crown ends and probably tries to access scripts and such around the Whiterun area in preparation for the next stage of the quest.

I'm not a modder so I can't be sure of course, but it makes sense in layman's terms.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

If people are still having this issue, I can 100% verify that it is an issue with the cells either around or in whiterun being edited or changed. I have the King of Riverhelm mod installed, and it crashes right after the oath has been taken. I loaded my save and watched it crash several times. After reading some of these posts, I can verify it. I disabled the mod, and the game didn't crash once after that. It's unfortunate. I know i'm late to the party, but I hope this helps.

• 6 months later...

If people are still having this issue, I can 100% verify that it is an issue with the cells either around or in whiterun being edited or changed. I have the King of Riverhelm mod installed, and it crashes right after the oath has been taken. I loaded my save and watched it crash several times. After reading some of these posts, I can verify it. I disabled the mod, and the game didn't crash once after that. It's unfortunate. I know i'm late to the party, but I hope this helps.

i know im late to this thread, but thank you so much, i've also used Become king of river helm and my game always crashed every time after i gave the jagged crown to Tullius, now , the problem is over.

fortunately for me, that river helm mod was very.. weird. only been to the "castle" like 1-2 times in my 78hours of playthrough

Edited by palachinke