Idea: Immersive Collaborative Library

Whesky

Hey guys,

I'm not a modder, and I've never posted an idea here before. Perhaps this mod even exists already? If not, what do you think? To me, it sounds like fun.

The idea:

I've been thinking about an immersive, lore friendly, collaborative library.

This library will be filled with books written by players. There'll be different shelves with different categories of books, fiction, non-fiction, poetry, exploration, biography, factions, people, dungeons, and so on.

Very important is that the books pass as: Friendly to the Lore and are Immersively written. These are NOT "walkthroughs" or "guides" we'd find on the wikipedia for example, but rather books written by fellow players.

- Books for different mods, like requiem, SkyRE, Vanilla etc.

I'm a big fan of immersion, but I'm also a big fan of multiplayer, and Skyrim can feel lonely at times. I think this could only enrich my Skyrim experience, sharing tales and experiences. I see a lot of possibilities.

- Immersive

- Lore Friendly

- Collaborative Library

Edited by Whesky

In the mean time, you could enjoy this mod here:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/5398//?

Books are incredibly easy to create, even people that are completely beginners with modding can learn it.

Here's how I've learned it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQtYEDq9xTc

It literally takes me less than a minute to make my books up to date. (One book is just reminders notes of what I'm planning to do on the short term, the other one is jjust my annotations of where to get alchemy ingredients.)

PS: A nice idea would be to would be to talk with Adolon (the author of this mod I'm sharing) about this "share your tales" books you're proposing

Thanks for the links, I'm looking them up right now :smile:

To anyone else checking this thread, if you think it's a good idea, spread the word/link around!

Edited by Whesky