VonHelton

Well, nevermind all that about creating separate colored lights. Doing a little testing and gobos will project colors, but the trick would be to create a flat gobo texture that will project a spherical image that's not distorted. Trying out a gobo texture with a simple, two colored diamond pattern, and there is a lot of keystoning going on.

Well, nevermind all that about creating separate colored lights. Doing a little testing and gobos will project colors, but the trick would be to create a flat gobo texture that will project a spherical image that's not distorted. Trying out a gobo texture with a simple, two colored diamond pattern, and there is a lot of keystoning going on.

I don't mind doing multiple lights. In fact, I was thinking about a multiple light floor lamp anyway!

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

I can take a flat surface & make it look 3D in Paintshop Pro.

:thumbsup:

Also, my ceiling light I made is not flush with the ceiling.

1. Bounding boxes in 3ds Max look ok.

2. All the stuff in the NIF was ported from a ceiling light

3. The ceiling light works in game.

:confused:

I assume this is in reference to your post in the pinned, Read This 1st thread? Without seeing the nif, I can't say for sure what the issue is. Is your light a workshop object that you're building in game? Did the vanilla light you used have a BSConnectPoint::Parents node with a P-WS-Autoplace point? It sounds as though there could be an issue with a) the mesh orientation with regard to the 0 NiNode, b) the orientation of any collision mesh that may be in place, or c) whether or not there's an autoplace connect point present. It could be that your nif doesn't have the connect node, and there might be a collision mesh out of alignment, which could keep you from positioning the light closer to the ceiling in game.

The first thing I'd do is edit the mesh so that the spot where you want the light to attach to the ceiling is centered at 0,0,0. If you've included any custom collision meshes, make sure they're aligned properly. Then, in Nifskope, copy the BSConnectPoint::Parents node from the vanilla ceiling fan nif into your custom light nif. This should orient your light when placing it in game so that it automatically attaches to any ceiling with a collision mesh.

Also, my ceiling light I made is not flush with the ceiling.

1. Bounding boxes in 3ds Max look ok.

2. All the stuff in the NIF was ported from a ceiling light

3. The ceiling light works in game.

:confused:

I assume this is in reference to your post in the pinned, Read This 1st thread? Without seeing the nif, I can't say for sure what the issue is. Is your light a workshop object that you're building in game? Did the vanilla light you used have a BSConnectPoint::Parents node with a P-WS-Autoplace point? It sounds as though there could be an issue with a) the mesh orientation with regard to the 0 NiNode, b) the orientation of any collision mesh that may be in place, or c) whether or not there's an autoplace connect point present. It could be that your nif doesn't have the connect node, and there might be a collision mesh out of alignment, which could keep you from positioning the light closer to the ceiling in game.

The first thing I'd do is edit the mesh so that the spot where you want the light to attach to the ceiling is centered at 0,0,0. If you've included any custom collision meshes, make sure they're aligned properly. Then, in Nifskope, copy the BSConnectPoint::Parents node from the vanilla ceiling fan nif into your custom light nif. This should orient your light when placing it in game so that it automatically attaches to any ceiling with a collision mesh.

I got the fix for a ceiling light that isn't flush with the ceiling.

.....simply rotate the connection point 90 degrees!

How's THAT for easy fix?

LOL!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Edited by VonHelton