Temporary Imagespace Modifier

Bugsbugme

For the past few days I've been working on a mod to make the nights darker for CoT but with out the sunglasses effect.

During my time tweaking things I've noticed that the eye adapt settings can wreak havoc over the other settings. This is why I have opted to remove it all together.

The problem with that however is that nights that actually need to be brighter (Clear weather/aurora nights) remain dark because they have no eye adapt to update the imagespace when it transitions from dusk to night.

To fix that, I thought I could temporarily apply an imagespace modifier to add the necessary eye adapt levels to update the scene and then remove it so that the eye adapt would again be removed.

This worked!... in the console.

What I need is for it to be automatic.

Is there a way I can have the modifier apply and then remove itself? I'm guessing I would need a script but I don't know the first thing about scripting.

Yes, you'd need a script for it.

I'd suggest you begin with the following, if you wish to learn Papyrus(which might seem daunting at first but you'll quickly get the hang of it and it will expand your modding abilities enormously):

http://www.creationkit.com/Papyrus_Introduction

There's also the index you can use when you feel comfortable putting your script together(scroll right down the page, there's also a second page):

http://www.creationkit.com/Category:Papyrus

Don't worry, Papyrus is quite logical and it makes sense when you read through a script, having learned the basics :)

• 2 weeks later...

That is an ENB. I already know you can fix the nights with an ENB. My mod aimed to do it without one, and it does. I'm not working on this any more though, I'm making my own weather mod.