Can't install mods that use the 'Mod Helper' - X-COM:EW

GixTheMage

I tried installing Minimal Delays for Hunker Down and Overwatch and One Hour Corpses but when I try launching the indicated .Bat for either mod it returns the following error:

[INFO]> ==========XCOMModHelper========
[INFO]> Attempting to Locate XCOM Root Directory
[ERROR]> An Error occured during processing:Cannot Determine XCOM Root Directory
 from Config.VDF
[ERROR]> System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot Determine XCOM Root Directory
from Config.VDF
   at XCOMModHelper.XCOMUtilities.GetXCOMRootDirectoryFromVDFConfig() in d:\Work
space\xcom-mod-helper\XCOMModHelper\XCOMUtilities.cs:line 48
   at XCOMModHelper.XCOMUtilities.GetXCOMRootDirectory() in d:\Workspace\xcom-mo
d-helper\XCOMModHelper\XCOMUtilities.cs:line 23
   at XCOMModHelper.XCOMModHelper.GetXCOMRootDirectory() in d:\Workspace\xcom-mo
d-helper\XCOMModHelper\XCOMModHelper.cs:line 54
   at XCOMModHelper.Program.Main(String[] args) in d:\Workspace\xcom-mod-helper\
XCOMModHelper\Program.cs:line 53
[ERROR]>
The Patching Process was Aborted

I cannot find the 'Config.VDF' file otherwise I think it would be fairly easy to point it to the correct folder.

I tried editing the install XML with the correct target path but it doesn't seem to have caused any change in the .bat's behaviour.

Any help that leads to solving this issue will be sincerely appreciated by me and possibly by anyone with similar problems who finds this thread using a search engine in the future.

Edited by GixTheMage

• 4 weeks later...

When it comes to paths, mod's installer checks system registry for SteamPath value (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\Steam). Said value is used to create XCOM installation path. It works fine with Steam version of the game.

But there is non-Steam version known as alternative or free, which doesn't have to be installed in Steam folder. In this case is needed to edit *.bat files and add correct path with help of -x option.

XCOMModHelper -c One_Hour_Corpses_EW_Install.xml -x "s:\Steam\SteamApps\common\XCom-Enemy-Unknown"
@ECHO OFF
pause

Sorry for the late reply, but I'm not checking this part of forum frequently. I'm following mod's comments, so if you run into more problems, post it there please or PM me.

One Hour Corpses EW | Minimal Delays for Hunker Down and Overwatch EW

• 9 months later...
  • 5 years later...
Can anyone help?

[iNFO]> ==========XCOMModHelper========
[iNFO]> Attempting to Locate XCOM Root Directory
[ERROR]> An Error occured during processing:Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list.
[ERROR]> System.FormatException: Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list.
at System.Text.StringBuilder.AppendFormatHelper(IFormatProvider provider, String format, ParamsArray args)
at System.String.FormatHelper(IFormatProvider provider, String format, ParamsArray args)
at System.String.Format(String format, Object[] args)
at XCOMModHelper.Util.SteamUtilities.GetSteamRootDirectory() in d:\Workspace\xcom-mod-helper\XCOMModHelper\Util\SteamUtilities.cs:line 30
at XCOMModHelper.XCOMUtilities.GetXCOMRootDirectory() in d:\Workspace\xcom-mod-helper\XCOMModHelper\XCOMUtilities.cs:line 17
at XCOMModHelper.XCOMModHelper.GetXCOMRootDirectory() in d:\Workspace\xcom-mod-helper\XCOMModHelper\XCOMModHelper.cs:line 54
at XCOMModHelper.XCOMModHelper.Execute() in d:\Workspace\xcom-mod-helper\XCOMModHelper\XCOMModHelper.cs:line 34
at XCOMModHelper.Program.Main(String[] args) in d:\Workspace\xcom-mod-helper\XCOMModHelper\Program.cs:line 53
[ERROR]>
The Patching Process was Aborted