Adding Vampire Feeding to Potion Mod

LID919

So, I recently reinstalled Oblivion,and have been trying to crack open Basic Primary Needs and modify the vampirism. In Basic needs, some extra features for vampires are added, such as the ability to have canteens full of blood. The problem is that, while the Blood Canteens fulfill Basic Needs' blood meter, they do not change your vampirism stage. When I drink a canteen as a stage 2 or above vampire, I do not revert back to stage 1, I stay my current stage. I wanted to make a mod that would add an effect to the canteens such that I would revert to level 1 when I drank.

I tried this script:

Begin ScriptEffectBegin

player.HasVampireFed = 1

End

But it did not work. I confirmed that the script was being called, but it did not revert my vampirism.

Can anyone help me out with this?

Have you brought this to Maskar's attention on the Basic Primary Needs mod comments thread? I don't mean to discourage you from learning scripting by tinkering yourself, but Maskar would be an excellent source of advice plus if there's a problem with the mod Maskar will want to know about it.

• 3 weeks later...

The reason I did not go and ask at Basic Primary Needs is because Oblivion is now an old game, and I had assumed most of the modders will have moved on to other projects by now. I thought that a more general thread might still have some people browsing it though. I will post there anyway and see what happens.