Can't fix the hard-coded texture paths of my custom made armor.

Dimitrisgb

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now the things should be clear, right? Simply click "Auto Detect Game Paths" button first and if autodetection fails for some reason, click "Add Folder" button and in file requester find and select the Oblivion's Data dir yourself.

In the end you should see "(path to Oblivion)/Oblivion/Data" line added in "Paths" tab.

Edited by RomanR

So I clicked the auto-detect game paths, but still the path of the .nif file is D:\steamlibrary\steamapps\common\oblivion\data etc etc. But I noticed that in other mods the path is textures\armor\ etc etc.

If I click add folder, I just have another path with the same directory (D:\steamlibrary\steamapps\common\oblivion\data etc etc). So?

What happens if you click on the path shown for the textures and remove everything starting with your D:\ and ending with Oblivion\Data (so just leaving the Textures\Armor\... part)?

Yeah, NifSkope won't fix texture paths inside NIFs automatically.

But once you setup the game path correctly, when you then fix a texture path to start with "textures\", it will still show the texture correctly, as it then knows where to search.

You can fix all such absolutely pathed texture references in your NIF files now and directly see if it will still work in other people's games.

Hmm, there is a slight chance (newer) versions of NifSkope actually detect the game path from your setup in texture paths "on load" and thus automatically remove it to make them "display" relative. However, unless you then save those NIF files, this change cannot possibly be stored inside the NIF file already.