"Please, don't send me to Finch Farm"

mortorato5

This mod is for you, that like me, was sent to Finch Farm at level < 10.

My mod suggestion is to block Preston from sending you to high level locations while still starting the game/being underleveled.

What is does? Forces the next three questions to be OR Starlight Drive In OR Oberland Station OR Sunshine Tidings Co-Op.

Once all three locations have been cleared the mod goes off.

The intent of the game doing that is A) To make you hate Preston even more. B) Not want to take those missions that he sends you on (Even more).

:laugh:

Ok, so. All joking aside. I'm in favor of a mod like this. I've been watching a series on YT from a guy who's doing his first playthroughs, and Gravey did the exact same thing to him.

He ended up getting his tail handed to him in a handbasket.

I do think tho that it needs an On/Off type activator at the start of the game. The scripting needed for something like this could be dangerous to an inept modding player. As well as a feature that we more experienced players would be able to take advantage of.

My personal thoughts on this, is that this is another of Bethesda's mistakes with the start of this game. Sending the new players out on radiant quest after radiant quest, after radiant quest... when they SHOULD be focusing on the main quest enough to establish the markers that puts them PAST the radiant quests.

Given all the carp that comes up between Sanctuary, to Tenpines to Corvega I think the first quest should realistically be like,

"Secure the area, fetch some firewood, and bring home a molerat so we can all eat something". :blush:

But yeah, Finch Farm is a stretch in completely the wrong direction to start with, didn't even realize that happened.

First one is always Ten Pines for me IDK why... Oh yeah, maybe that's We are the Minutemen

Maybe that mod is your answer!

Otherwise, pretty sure you can make a conditional base level requirement in a patch for what you need.

Or as you say condition on cleared locations, (just seems a little more involved/overhead).

(the mod is the simplest choice really).

Or, there are many other mods that tweak "minuteman radiant quests".

What I find amusing is, Abernathy farm is the closest, and I don' think I have EVER gotten a quest from preston to go there..... :D

But yeah, going to the other side of the map, and then trying to take on the Forged at low levels??? That's insane. Especially considering the population of Gunners nearby as well.....