Percy Jackson mod idea

im2lazy4aname

My idea is a percy jackson mod involving celestial bronze ingots, weapons, and demigod race/powers, and monster attacks but only celestial bronze, or imperial gold if you want, weapons do damage to them and none to others. a questline that leads through some cool quests and stuff would be nice.

Good thought, but some holes. For example, a whole new race? why not just a questline given by a "demigod" npc of sorts. Also, where would one obtain celestial bronze ingots/weapons, and define "demigod powers." Again it's a nice idea but a little more detail would most likely help any mod developer who may or may not happen to scan by this but here's what I'm getting out of this...

You want a mod that will allow the player to acquire and use celestial bronze weapons to fight specific monsters whom are difficult to kill with other weapons, possibly making celestial bronze have like a silver sword enchantment only in a certain realm where these monsters exist and the questline with a purpose of ______ given by ________ takes place. As this questline continues, the player achieves more and more demigod-like powers, which he/she may now use throughout the game.

So assuming my perception of this is true, it sounds like you need a modder/team of modders that can do basic map creation, weapon modding, and questline modding... Sounds intense, I'd like to see this. :)

• 10 months later...

I think that's a great idea, but for it to live up to expectations I feel like it would need a decent team of people behind it. I'll also add that it would be awesome to make an entire questline and separate map for the mod; I'm talking DLC-sized. It would even be cool if the story brought in the Dragonborn's past and made it so that you could be a demigod without changing your race. Maybe the Dragonborn comes to a room somewhere at the end of a small dungeon and chooses his Olympian parent, then gets transported to the new realm with the starting power for that parent. Then he goes through more quests relevant to the parent he chose and gains more powers along the way. There could be various quest givers like the Olympians themselves, minor gods, nymphs and satyrs, other demigods, even some monsters that happen to be less prone to violence than their brethren. It could even go as far as to bring in Tamrielic deities and see them interact with the Greeks. Maybe Dionysus has to put help you put down Sheogorath after he goes berserk (Dionysus IS a god of madness, after all). Or maybe you'll need to persuade Zeus not to attack Kynareth with your Speechcraft skill. If you fail, get ready for a fight with a guy who shoots a LOT of lightning. Hekate could be the local spell vendor. Some Cyclopes could teach you how to craft Celestial Bronze weapons and armor, and each of the Olympians could have skills they provide training in. After you complete their quests, of course.

Hephaestus = Smithing

Ares = Two-Handed/One-Handed (maybe whichever one the Dragonborn has lower?)

Athena = Block

Artemis = Archery

Apollo = Alchemy (god of medicine)

Hermes = Sneak

Aphrodite = Speechcraft

Hera = Restoration

Zeus = Destruction

Poseidon = Light Armor (idk fish scales maybe?)

Dionysus = Illusion

Demeter = Alteration (I mean, she's the reason seasons change/alter, right?)

Hades (I know he's not on the council, but come on) = Conjuration

Hell, we could even add a new currency. Maybe Golden Drachmas are only found in this separate realm and you can't buy certain things without it. But unlike other mods that just overpower your already overpowered character, this mod should try and limit you intentionally. Like I suggested before, the storyline could be driven by who you chose as your godly parent (oh, and no changing!). Therefore, a child of Apollo might need to protect some sacred red cows in order to gain his dad's favor, but because he chose Apollo, he'll never see the quest that tells him to go to a battlefield where two armies are about to clash and kill everyone on both sides, because that's only available to children of Hades. That way you can't do everything the mod offers with just one character. This might seem like a dick move, but what I find when I play Skyrim with mods, and even official DLCs, is that i go in, play the new content, get new powers, play with them for a little while by killing random bandits just cause it looks neat, and then go back to doing nothing. If players know there's still content left undiscovered, they'll want to keep playing. Even if it means making a new character and starting over from scratch, they'll want to be able to say they did everything there was to do. It's like what Rick Riordan himself did at the end of Mark of Athena; leave it on a cliffhanger (if you haven't read it yet, brace yourself. If you have, please don't kill me).

• 3 years later...

just wanted to add a few ideas to the powers you mentioned, maybe the modder could make poseidons children breathe underwater, and for zeus and heaphasteus, lightning and fire spells cost less to cast? also what about the minor gods and titans, would they be in game too?

Edited by BoltSpark