Suggestion: Track Unmanaged Mods?

Nimarus

I prefer to have Vortex manage mods as it makes updating mods easier and less time consuming. This is especially true when you have around 200+ Skyrim mods to update after 8 months away from the game). But some mods out there apparently don't install well with Vortex for one reason or another. Cyberpunk 2077 has a few mods where the mod creator recommends installing manually outside of Vortex. I'd like to see some way that I could have vortex keep a list of mods I have installed outside of Vortex. Maybe some way that I could manually enter info like the mod's URL, version of the mod I have installed, etc. When Vortex checks for mod updates, it could also check the listed mods to see if the manually installed mods have an update available.

For now, with Cyberpunk, I'll just have a text file with the information stored in my documents folder. Hopefully, I can have a smoother time ensuring all my mods are updated. Something like:

Mod Name:

Mod Version:

Mod URL:

Install Date: (maybe)

I'd love that - or even a setting to automatically protect and prefer outside changes. Or even just making the "cancel" button when it detects external changes behave like a normal cancel button - I.E. telling it to stop before it eats everything rather than after. Hitting cancel and trying to back out of vortex after accidentally starting it up after 8 months on a heavily modded playthrough= pain.

I prefer to have Vortex manage mods as it makes updating mods easier and less time consuming. This is especially true when you have around 200+ Skyrim mods to update after 8 months away from the game). But some mods out there apparently don't install well with Vortex for one reason or another. Cyberpunk 2077 has a few mods where the mod creator recommends installing manually outside of Vortex. I'd like to see some way that I could have vortex keep a list of mods I have installed outside of Vortex. Maybe some way that I could manually enter info like the mod's URL, version of the mod I have installed, etc. When Vortex checks for mod updates, it could also check the listed mods to see if the manually installed mods have an update available.

For now, with Cyberpunk, I'll just have a text file with the information stored in my documents folder. Hopefully, I can have a smoother time ensuring all my mods are updated. Something like:

Mod Name:

Mod Version:

Mod URL:

Install Date: (maybe)

A vast majority of Cyberpunk mods can be installed with Vortex. If a mod author says their mod doesn't work properly they either haven't tested it or they've packed the archive in a really silly way that's inconsistent with other mods.

You can track mods on the website, but for Vortex to manage it mod, it must be managing it directly.