FNIS & XPMSE issue

MinimalRisk

This has been going on for a while, and I have searched high and low--here, and via Google--for an answer but haven't been able to find anything valid. I'm not even sure if this is causing an issue but it is certainly an annoyance since it creates papyrus log files that are megabytes big. Essentially, my log is being filled with instances such as this and I have no idea why these errors are appearing, what they're actually telling me, or how to fix it:

stack:

<unknown self>.fnis_aa.SetAnimGroupEX() - "FNIS_aa.psc" Line 8
<unknown self>.xpmselib.SetAA() - "XPMSELib.psc" Line 238
[Active effect 6 on (000654F5)].XPMSEWeaponStyleScaleEffect.SetAA() - "XPMSEWeaponStyleScaleEffect.psc" Line 1553
[Active effect 6 on (000654F5)].XPMSEWeaponStyleScaleEffect.Restyle() - "XPMSEWeaponStyleScaleEffect.psc" Line 1261
[Active effect 6 on (000654F5)].XPMSEWeaponStyleScaleEffect.onBeginState() - "XPMSEWeaponStyleScaleEffect.psc" Line 255
[Active effect 6 on (000654F5)].XPMSEWeaponStyleScaleEffect.GotoState() - "ActiveMagicEffect.psc" Line ?
[Active effect 6 on (000654F5)].XPMSEWeaponStyleScaleEffect.OnEffectStart() - "XPMSEWeaponStyleScaleEffect.psc" Line 222
[11/24/2022 - 10:15:08PM] Error: Static function SetAnimGroupLoad not found on object nemesis_aa. Aborting call and returning None
Is there a way to resolve this and stop it filling the log files, or is it unfixable and I should just shut up and put up with it?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think that you have some animations that don't play well/are fully recognized by Nemesis. Maybe you should look at discussions there, too? Maybe they could direct you better in updating, patching, or adjusting Nemesis to better handle your FNIS mods.

BTW, pretty sure that .psc are script files.

I think that you have some animations that don't play well/are fully recognized by Nemesis. Maybe you should look at discussions there, too? Maybe they could direct you better in updating, patching, or adjusting Nemesis to better handle your FNIS mods.

BTW, pretty sure that .psc are script files.

Thanks for the reply.

I don't have Nemesis installed at the moment because I thought having it installed was the issue. I was getting the same messages then as now and uninstalling made no difference.

The .psc files are perplexing. Line 8 of the FNIS_aa file is part of a comment not a command.

Damn, I just realised I was being too literal with the line number. I can now see something...hmmm

If you are still playing from a character that had Nemesis installed, then your game will probably keep looking for Nemesis. Do you/have you used any mods that affect weapon position on your PC, or have you changed the weapon style settings in XPMSE? You may just have to re-install XPMSE and re-run FNIS.