Animation for bows not working right (AE)

deaddagonman

Often happens after jumping with weapon equipped, when the player is left in a brief "floating" position just above the ground. (cough...and often that floating condition isn't even noticed, since we're in 1st person or sneak mode)

To resolve, go to third person. Jump. wait until your feet hit the ground (again, sometimes you enter a float condition. not sure why but wait until your feet are firmly grounded). Then try unequipping the weapon and re-equipping. It should now work correctly. If the bow fails to sheath, which it will sometimes refuse to do, swap weapons and sheath. (might take a couple tries). then re-equip your bow.

BTW< the same condition with different symptoms can sometimes occur. In this case, you'll have been wielding something else while jumping, a sword, or a dagger, or whatever. Suddenly you can't sheath it, or even swing the weapon. Same issue, slightly different symptom. do what I suggested above. EDIT: PS> it might even affect casting under the same conditions, so be aware. (I can't say as I don't play as a mage, so I wouldn't have a spell on either hand as a general rule, especially not when moving)

3rd person

jump

wait for feet grounded

check weapon for proper use

if fails, swap weapons (unitl the swap sticks), then reequip bow and try again.