lsdravian

Someone please help me!! I'm at my wits end. Tl;dr - the eye textures for certain modded npcs won't load no matter what I do.

I recently started up a new game after I noticed some of my followers eyes had glitched textures; they weren't necessarily missing, but they looked garbled up. So I tried starting a new game and now many more characters have their eye textures completely missing, i.e. their eyes and eyelashes are purple/blue. The npcs in question are modded characters (but not all modded npcs have this glitch), and I noticed they all have their own separate character folders in under Skyrim/Data/Textures/Actors/Character that seems to have information that would otherwise be placed in "Female" folder. This was first an issue with the Bijin Warmaidens mod that I used to replace Lydia, Iona, and Uthgerd (using the most recent files as of this writing) - all of them have this glitch.

I've been testing this with various new followers to see if the same happened. The "Rk Followers" mod (Varnela, Aria, Fenne etc...) also produced this glitch. I tried a different author's follower mod, Hitokiri Tomoe, but that also produced the purple missing eye texture glitch. Strangely, the Poet follower (which is sadly not on the nexus right now) does not produce the eye glitch. Also, Mjoll, who uses a facemod that doesn't have her own folder in data/textures/actors/characters seems to be fine. Clearly, it doesn't seem to be an error inherent to any one particular follower mod but it must be something in my game in particular; I just don't know what.

Shortly before the glitch began, I installed Eyes of Beauty and HN66's Long Eye Lashes mods at the recommendation of the author for Bijin Warmaidens. I've completely uninstalled both and removed all of their content but the eye textures for those npcs are still missing. Like I said, I have no idea what's going on here. It would be too much to ask you guys to solve my game's problem just like that based on whatever info I can give, but I would really appreciate it if someone could direct me in where to look to narrow down the problem. Is there anything in particular I should look for? Anything I can do to troubleshoot?

At this moment, the only clue I have is the fact that all of the affected mod npcs have separate character texture folders in Data/Textures/Actors/Characters.

Mod load order:

Skyrim.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm

SkyUI.esp

hdtHighHeel.esm
Feminine Females.esp

AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp

My Home Is Your Home.esp

Aria.esp

ApachiiHair.esm

AzarHair.esm

BTRH_Tomoe.esp

BW Iona.esp

BW Lydia.esp

BW Ria.esp

Collar.esp

DA_Skyship.esp

DA_Skyship_Armed.esp

DA_Skyship_Dragonborn.esp

SeranaEyeFixGreenEyes.esp

Daedric Extra Armor.esp

dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp

Energy Sword.esp

AetheriumSwords.esp

Facelight.esp

Fenne.esp

Fists of the Gods.esp

FlameAtronachArmor.esp

Frea.esp

Ghost Rider.esp

JSwords.esm

JSwordsDistributionBalancePlugin.esp

KarliahArmor2.esp

Lightning Blaze Edge.esp

Mei.esp

mjollfacelift-v4-1-blonde.esp

Poet.esp

posesivecorpses.esp

Rayya.esp

Rifle.esp

Sit Anywhere.esp

TERAArmors.esp

Toad's Tera.esp

UnenchantedItems.esp

Uthgerd.esp

Varnela.esp

WestWindAssault.esp

Yuki.esp

SolitudeCapitalCity.esp

RelightingSkyrim.esp

RelightingSkyrim - Dawnguard.esp

RelightingSkyrim - Hearthfire.esp

RelightingSkyrim - Dragonborn.esp

RelightingSkyrim - Update.esp

ADTrueflame.esp

banditseyepatch.esp

**I don't know if it's related, but whenever I have Eyes of Beauty installed I noticed that certain khajiit and argonian npcs also have missing eye textures.

Using the verify cache files from steam should replace the missing textures with the default ones.

This will also undo any changes you made with TES5Edit and revert your ini files to default, so you will need to redo any changes you made there (easier if you make a backup of your ini files first.)

Using the verify cache files from steam should replace the missing textures with the default ones.

This will also undo any changes you made with TES5Edit and revert your ini files to default, so you will need to redo any changes you made there (easier if you make a backup of your ini files first.)

I've tried that, but it didn't help...

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
You can temporarily fix it by removing the new eye and texture meshes from the meshes/character and textures/character folders until you figure out what mod its from.

Verifying the cache file sounds like good advice. I like to use The Eyes of Beauty mod, but I would be upset with those results. Did you try to clean it? Cleaning some mods induces problems. I have left Eyes of Beauty alone despite what LOOT reports. No need to go asking for trouble when no need exists.

Edited by Moksha8088