Online weapons in story?

Gwame

Check this one out: https://www.nexusmods.com/metalgearsolidvtpp/mods/1281?tab=description

Gives basically everything that's online-only able to be developed, and for free with no development time depending on which version you get. Needs to be played offline though because going online will take everything that's online-only away from you again. Has everything except for online base colors, emblems, and weapon colors. Also Water Pistol doesn't work with it for some reason. If you're looking to just play through the story with all the online stuff this is a good choice. I believe if you change your mind later and want to earn everything legit you can just uninstall and you'll only have the offline stuff.

Check this one out: https://www.nexusmods.com/metalgearsolidvtpp/mods/1281?tab=description

Gives basically everything that's online-only able to be developed, and for free with no development time depending on which version you get. Needs to be played offline though because going online will take everything that's online-only away from you again. Has everything except for online base colors, emblems, and weapon colors. Also Water Pistol doesn't work with it for some reason. If you're looking to just play through the story with all the online stuff this is a good choice. I believe if you change your mind later and want to earn everything legit you can just uninstall and you'll only have the offline stuff.

Thanks, I'll give that a try

That seems to do it. Gives a lot of new or even just upgraded options, thanks again.

There is one thing though. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I seem to remember when I had that 100% save file years back, it gave me some special sniper rifle which could basically 1 hit kill Quiet or the Skull Snipers. I don't think it was the Brennan or Serval. Any idea what that might have been?

That seems to do it. Gives a lot of new or even just upgraded options, thanks again.

There is one thing though. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I seem to remember when I had that 100% save file years back, it gave me some special sniper rifle which could basically 1 hit kill Quiet or the Skull Snipers. I don't think it was the Brennan or Serval. Any idea what that might have been?

Pretty sure you are thinking of one of those 2. The Serval is semi auto so you can pop them twice quickly in the head, the first shot almost kills them outright. I think the Brennan does more damage when maxed out but it's Bolt Action. May be worth trying to see if it can 1 shot. I personally use the Serval. There is another sniper but it's only usable in FOB's

I did some more googling and I believe the sniper rifle I'm thinking of is the Molotok. Not sure if the mod above unlocks that?

Just checked in game and yes it does unlock it. Completely forgot it existed. Only downside is that it's not customizable and you can't silence it. But yea it's damage is the highest in the game. Would be great for what you mentioned above, Quiet and Skulls.