How do I add mods to my game? (EW)

ChuckMorris88

Hey guys/gals, I'm fairly new to modding games via the Nexus, were I've modded games like Skyrim, Fallout and Dark Souls yet I have no clue how to mod XCOM. I really want to use the EW toolboks and the sleevless mod but I can't for the life of me figure it out.

I've tried everything and this is genuinely my last idea, hopefully somebody can help a new Xcom modder out. :)

You can search for 'ResourceHacker' on the forums (can't remember where I found the instructions) - there's a sticky post in the Mod Talk forum about the values you find after you open up the XCOM EXE file.

Have been looking around this forum and found this thread:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/820867-here-are-upk-modding-tools/

As far as the Sleeveless mod goes, I don't think it's a TookBoks mod, there are separate instructions provided (haven't installed it myself).

Hope this helps :D

ChuckMorris88 what mod? Revenge of the Sleeves?

What do you want to do, what steps have you taken to accomplish it?

Also we have alot of advice on Nexus Wiki, but it's down atm.

Edited by Drakous79

Well Different Mods Have Different Installation Options

Some Have Self Installing EXE's Some Are Simply Copy And Replace And Some Needs Toolboks

First Of All, What Ever Mod Ur Trying To Install, Back Up Ur GAME

U Can Find The Instructions In The Respective Mod Files (i.e. Where To Replace And What To Replace Yada Yada)

Most Of Them Are Copied Directly To Ur Game Install Folder

Hope This Info Helps

Long War Mod Only Works For XCom EU Patch 4. Its Not Yet Compatible With EW Or EU Patch 4

Installing Long War Mod Is Simple, Just Execute The Exe And Direct It To Ur Game Installation Folder. If It Says "THE GAME FOLDER ALREADY EXISTS" Then U Got It Right

Also Check Ur Destination Where U Install The Mod Cause Sometimes It Shows Double Destinations. Like Games/XCom Enemy Unknown/Enemy Unknown

In That Case Just Delete One One XCom Enemy Unknown "Games/XCom Enemy Unknown" And Install

Also Note .. New Toolsbox Is For Enemy Within, Not For Enemy Unknown

For Enemy Unknown I Suggest using Toolsbox 1.5.2

Anything Above That Might Mess Up Ur EU, Cause Of Added EW Options

• 4 years later...