Downgrade Enemy Unknown to Patch 4 (356266) R&D

Bertilsson

I think I just may have gotten it right now.

Mod size: 19.5 MB

Enemy Unknown patch 4: 13.3 GB (including slinghot and elite soldier dlc)

Enemy Unknown patch 6: 10.2 GB (including slinghot and elite soldier dlc, excluding XEW folder)

Enemy Unknown Patch 6 downgraded to patch 4: 15.5 GB (including slinghot and elite soldier dlc, excluding XEW folder)

The extra size on disk is due to dual sets of 1080p movies instead of 720p and 1080p.

Have sent files and new instructions to the beta testers, so now all that remains is to wait and see how it works...

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am eagerly awaiting the results! I'm in a position that is no doubt shared by many; I simply can't imagine playing the game without my suite of mods (mostly Long War & Toolboks, but there are others). If this works, I can even complete my video series of modded XCOM, and would generally be a very happy Sectoid :)

I am eagerly awaiting the results! I'm in a position that is no doubt shared by many [...]and would generally be a very happy Sectoid :smile:

I couldn't agree more ! Although I'm new to the forum and wasn't aware of X-Com modding possibilities prior to reading the Pc gamer article, I'm very happy that some smart people found out how to overcome the auto patch issue.

Bravo to Bertilsson and the other persons having spent time on this idea ! :cool:

This is the outcome from the beta testing this far:

• I apparently suck at writing instructions
    • Most testers needed two attempts to successfully install.
    • Some antivirus programs blocking the installation script didn't improve the situation
  • Once people have been able to install the only problems reported are:
    • Some minor graphics issue in the EU/EW startup selection screen (may be unrelated).
    • Some subtitles missing when interrogating a sectoid

Based on this I'm going to see if I can improve the instructions and upload it as a finished mod later today.

Edit: Quotes from beta testers:

"3 months in, plenty of graphics/gameplay mods (no Long War installed) and not a single issue to report. The game is stable so far, fingers crossed it will stay this way till the end."

"Hi! These instructions don't work and are very unclear!"

Edited by Bertilsson

Laser overwatch - may be connected with sound or weapon. Also would be good to know what mods are installed.

Laser overwatch - may be connected with sound or weapon. Also would be good to know what mods are installed.

With clean install, or ToolBoks — there was no difference. I found many topics on Steam and 2K forums, tried all the proposed solutions — nothing helped. There is no guaranteed fix for this: different people posted different solutions, which helped them, but in the same topic there also many other people, saying it doesn't help. :sad:

It doesnt work for me:

Made steps 1 to 7 but when run Downgrade.vbs I get an error.

This is the error report (in Spanish):

Windows Script Host

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\XCom-Enemy-Unknown\XComDown
Linea: 3
Caracter: 1
Error: ruta de acceso no encontrada
Codigo: 800A004C

My Version.txt file reads:

Date: Monday, November 25, 2013 5:01 PM
Changelist: 398179