Problems with sounds and in game music

Ajelo2800

I have downloaded some mods like SoS (Sounds of Skyrim), Immersive sounds, and some others that change the sounds on the game. But then, some others sounds like steps, attack sounds, and even the shouts doesn't play anymore. I think that this may be related to those mods that change the tracks, or maybe not. But so the music doesn't play, you now how sad is not listening to the amazing music of this game? I want all the vanila sounds back, and the music too. I dont know why it happens or how to fix it.

Please, help :sad:

Edit: I disable all mods that change the sounds in the game and the problem still happens.

Edited by Ajelo2800

Ah your screwed. Seems like they made changes in your vanilla skyrim file.

Maybe try to restore game file integrity on the platform where you downloaded it. When you go to steam you can go to settings and check game file inegrity. This will restore the game to it's original state.

If that doesn't work go into your mod manager. Select all your mods at once and disable all. Make sure all links are disabled. Go to your Program Files (x86)->Steam->SteamApps->common->remove skyrim folder. This will remove only your game folder. Your mods are stored on another location so you will keep those. Your savegames are also stored on another location so you will keep those too. The bugs can be stored into game save tho. After reinstalling store a clean game file on another location. You can check on a clean start if the sound works. Then carefully enable your mods. Continue playing as if nothing happend.

Edited by DarkBlade13

Either something was still deployed/ connected to your game or there is something wrong with your pc settings. The game itself when fresly installed from a trusted source can't be broken. If your remove that map while not opening any mod manager at all there is nothing left of old stuff except for your saves. Your save themselve can not harm your game folder. It's a one way path from your game folder to you game saves. Did you open or use any mod manger after reinstalling?

Found something about audio settings on your pc. They confirmed it's a pc thing not a game thing. What I found:

Try left clicking on your speaker in the task bar and selecting 'Playback devices' Click on the device you are using IE 'speakers@ (Normally there is a gree default tick next to them) Select 'properties' (At the bottom). Now depending on your device you might have a variety of options.... Look for 'Enhancements' and activate 'Loudness Equalization' And click 'Apply'....
This should boost levels a bit, Failing that/you don't have that option/ or as well as option one you could try using the 'Equalizer' option to boost levels further, but this can cause distortion.
Also if sound stops working in any of your other games then just disable / reverse the procedure.

Another person said they fixed it by removing their mic.

Edited by DarkBlade13

I had to start another game, after reinstalling, the last one crashed everytime I quicksaved, quickcharge or when enter a place where the game had to charge. Fortunately I was only beginning, so it wasn't so bad.

But actually something changed in this new game. I started to notice that in some caves and dungeons the music plays and I can change the volumen, then i go outside and the music plays like two seconds and then it goes off. I can't still hear the shouts and some more like player steps, horse steps, and some attack sounds like hitting something.

Right now I tried that with the speakers settings and stuff, but doesn't worked.

Edit: I think it's important to say that I started to play skyrim modded 'cause a streamer. I basically copied the mods he had on his game, he played a year ago and had no problems with nothing, but so he had an older version of the game. I was watching a skyrim video that says the current version of the game is too problematic to play skyrim modded cause some mods has not been updated to it, so maybe it has something to do with it?

Edited by Ajelo2800