Fallout 3 crashes when i try to save

1LTWinters

okay, i guess it's my turn now...

the game crashes every time i save, wait or enter a room/building (except Megaton itself).

fasttravel seems to work (is it right that it saves before the travel?)

when i loaded a previous savegame it seemed to work fine a while, i assumed a broken savegame. but now with the new the same happens too. if anyone can help me, i'll come back with a mod-list.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello,

got the similiar problem with save everytime i enter building (autosave) or try to ESC and save game resulting with CTD. It happens only in Republic of Dave location and neer it as far as i can tell. Loading previous saves was working till i installed FFdshow codec.. (setted exception to F3.exe) the isue is even greater now on i can't load any saves except those from Vault 101 at the very begining, anything further from that point CTD... I've tried removing my mods (not many, like 4),fallout.ini, turning graphic setings to low, installed patch 1.1 with polish language pack - which i was running from begining but all these doesnt seem to work. Finally i unistaled entire game and removed all files binded to it and made fresh install, again problem persist and can't sort it out.

Will apreciate any advice, links etc.

My system spec: Laptop C2D p8400 2,2ghz , 4GB ram, GF9600GT DDR3, Win Vista 32bit Sp1.

Fallout 3 with PL language pack, unpatched so i guess it's 1.0...

If you crash on auto save or quick save, a temporary fix is killing yourself and then saving directly after. Problem is, you need to do this every time you start the game. That was the only thing that worked for me aside from starting a new game.

If you are playing a bunch of Mods and you have turned on LIVE once or twice, so you have all the latest DLCs and the patches up 1.5, you could be experiencing .dll page, XLive and Archive, conflicts.

Are you playing the game in the standard mode, without signing into LIVE?

If you are starting the game from the standard mode you may need only change the [Archive] function in your Fallout3.ini which is stored in your Saved Game folder so the [Archive] bInvalidateOlderFiles = 0 is changed to 1.

If you have done that already another possibility is to use FOMM version 9.14s'. It is the latest version and has improved a couple of handy buttons which perform to eliminate the conflicts with the two .dll's, Xlive and the Archive, for you.

Hope that helps.

if you think its live thats messing up your game try this

Windows LIVE Disabler

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1086

read the Description and give it a try i myself have never got a save error

I have the same issue. Game has been installed since Dec 08. Many mods, just started crashing after playing many times with the same mods. Ironically, my GF has the exact same problem, crashing on saves and its a brand new install with her own dvd disc. We are both running it on Vista Ulitmate and the crashes began approximately 2 or 3 days apart. Could it be a Vista update??