[LE] Problem Importing hair

serranna

I'm trying to remove mod dependency for Apachii hairs for my follower mod I'm working on. In order to do that I'm trying to import the hair I'm using directly into the mod.

I have the process seemingly about 98% completed but I'm getting stuck at the very end.

So I have the hair and the hairline parts imported into creation kit to where I can use the hair without needing the Apachii hair mod, in fact I have already successfully removed it as a dependency in SSEEdit.

The problem is in NIFScope. When I select the hair and go down to LightingShaderProperty and open up BShaderTextureSet, it still references some texture files from the Apachii Mod. The top 2 textures on the list are

textures\apachiiskyhairfemale\nightcrawler\01_k1.dds

textures\apachiiskyhairfemale\nightcrawler\01_k1_n.dds

So I can edit this to point to a different directory, save it and it works fine. However if I ever have to make a change in creation kit and it requires me to CTRL+F4 export the character again, the texture directory reverts back to the Apachii directory. I dont want to have to edit that part every time, especially If I'm trying to uninstall the apachii mod in addition to the fact that I have 20+ NPCs in there so it's potentially a lot of work.

I even tried adding the texture directly (probably incorrectly because I dont know what I'm doing here) into creation kit and have it selected as the texture set it would use. It works partially, but it only fixes the first texture on the list in NIFScope, not the second one.

Could anyone advise me as to what my missed last step is in order to ensure that directory will forever point where I want it to?

Edited by serranna