SSE Creation Kit, application error 0xc0000142

Pairiside

Hi, I need some help please. I can't seem to figure this out and I'm losing hope.

I installed SSE Creation kit for the first time and I can not get it to start/load, it wont even unpack scripts. When I try to start it from MO2 or Steam it acts like it's trying to load something but nothing happens and it allows me to launch CK again. When I try to start it from .exe it gives me application error 0xc0000142. I have CK installed in my Skyrim AE instillation folder and I am not using any EMB.

I've tried everything I can think of to get it working but nothing seems to do it. I put the steam app id in MO2, I've updated my graphics drivers, installed the latest Microsoft Visual C++, I've installed multiple CK patches from the Nexus including the downgrade patcher, I've reinstalled Skyrim and CK multiple times, I've installed CK to different drives, tried running it as administrator, my OS is fully updated, I've been removing random .dll's from my Skyrim folder to see if that has any affect, but even after all that... and some other stuff... It still wont start and I still get error 0xc0000142.

It appears others are having similar issues with CK on Steam. https://steamcommunity.com/app/1946180/discussions/0/3383904768764832152/

Is it just that CK 1.6.438 is incompatible with Skyrim AE 1.6.640, or is there some mysteries .dll I'm missing?

Any help would be great, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you try instaling CK Fixes?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/71371

Search Nexus mods for 'Creation Kit'

You can also try the downgrade patch and then apply the older CK fixes mod.

Even before AE, CK in its initial form was a horrid buggy mess.

I have tried everything you just mentioned before in different orders/variations and still nothing.

Edited by Pairiside