[RELz] Ulvhild - Nord Housecarl for Lakeview Manor

erikolaix

Ulvhild - Nord Housecarl for Lakeview Manor

This mod is designed to enhance the Stormcloak experience by turning the housecarl of Lakeview Manor into an authentic-looking Nord. The main motivation for this is that when the Dragonborn is a Stormcloak loyalist and Falkreath is under Stormcloak leadership, it doesn't make sense for the Jarl to assign him/her a Redguard housecarl. The mod is by no means exclusive to Stormcloak characters however; it's a modest adjustment that may be applied to anyone's game, provided they've installed the official Hearthfire DLC.

The Falkreath housecarl is originally named 'Rayya', but will be renamed to the Scandinavian 'Ulvhild' if you apply this mod. She'll naturally remain female, and she'll still use the same voice set (by Claudia Christian in the English version). Her skills will also remain the same. Aside from her new name, the following changes will take place:

• Her race will be adjusted from 'Redguard' to 'Nord'
  • Her physical appearance will be adjusted to reflect her race (screenshot)
  • She'll wield war axes instead of scimitars

The official Hearthfire DLC is required. There are no known compatibility issues with other mods, and given the very limited scope of this mod I don't expect there to be any. The mod should be entirely lore-friendly as well, as the original housecarl is never referred to by name or race (to the best of my knowledge).

tbh, the green landscape, the lake, and finally a non-nord housecarl are the reasons i love lakeview the most (and shooting that necromancer from my porch :D ) ... a redguard chick is a nice view when the rest of your ppl are 2 nords (bard and carriage-dude) and besides that all other chars are orcs :) ... then again, there are no bad mods, just different tastes... cheers :)