F4 Button Unbound, Yet Causing Minifreezes?

Gwain96

I've got an issue that I first noticed when I began using AutoSave Manager again. The Manual Save hotkey is F4 by default. It works when I use it, but it causes a freeze of about 8 seconds, which is far longer than normal. If I set it to any other key, [<,] for example, it only pauses for about 1 second. The normal solution would be to simply use another key; however, the F4 key (Which does not appear to be bound by any other mods, or by the normal game) still causes about 8 seconds of freezing, without affecting any savegames.

The strangest thing is, it continues to do this when I deactivate AutoSave Manager and start a new game. It also worked in a loading screen, and it practically goes frame-by-frame if the button is held down. That leads me to believe it could be some other mod.

I'll post my load order. If anyone has experience with this issue, let me know.

By default, yes, but I have the Favorites Group key bound to [-] instead of F4, and I have quicksave bound to [Home].

None of my mods appear to have F4 bound to any commands (none of the mods that have an MCM, anyway).

If I bind all the SkyUI favorites group keys to F1 through F8, only F4 causes the strange, 8-second stutter/pause/freeze thing.

some ENB use F4 key to free VRAM look at your enblocal.ini file, open it in notepad and find [iNPUT] or search "F4" (CTRL+F) you will find something like this

[iNPUT]
//shift
KeyCombination=16
//f12
KeyUseEffect=123
//home
KeyFPSLimit=36
//num / 106
KeyShowFPS=106
//print screen
KeyScreenshot=44
//enter
KeyEditor=13
//f11 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<it was set to F4 before and i change it to F11 to use F4 with skyui same as you to solve the minifreeze problem.
KeyFreeVRAM=115
i hope it helps.
Edited by rinorin04

some ENB use F4 key to free VRAM look at your enblocal.ini file, open it in notepad and find [iNPUT] or search "F4" (CTRL+F) you will find something like this

[iNPUT]
//shift
KeyCombination=16
//f12
KeyUseEffect=123
//home
KeyFPSLimit=36
//num / 106
KeyShowFPS=106
//print screen
KeyScreenshot=44
//enter
KeyEditor=13
//f11 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<it was set to F4 before and i change it to F11 to use F4 with skyui same as you to solve the minifreeze problem.
KeyFreeVRAM=115
i hope it helps.

I DO use ENBoost. I'll see what changing the f4 value to \ does.

[iNPUT]
//shift
KeyCombination=16
//f12
KeyUseEffect=123
//home
KeyFPSLimit=36
//num / 106
KeyShowFPS=106
//print screen
KeyScreenshot=44
//enter
KeyEditor=13
KeyFreeVRAM=115
i hope it helps.

OH MY GOD IT WORKED. I LOVE YOU, YOU BEAUTIFUL HUMAN BEING.

• 1 year later...