Crash to Desktop (CTD) When Saving - Only after...

dennisn

Greetings!

I have just started having an interesting issue.

Skyrim crashes to desktop (CTD) instantly with no errors or notifications, when I attempt to save the game (either through quicksave, autosave, or normal manual saves) ONLY after the 1st time a Frozen Falmer or Frozen Chaurus is activated during the Dawnguard questline content (in Auri-El's Inner Sanctum.)

This issue is isolated to Frozen Falmer/Chaurus activation. I killed a Frost Giant within the Inner Sanctum, and was able to save the game normally - no prob.

This issue/state persists even after I have completed the quest and left the Forgotten Vale to return to Skyrim. I even attempted fast-travelling elsewhere (like Solstheim) to validate and repro. Insta-CTD upon any save attempt. :sad:

Prior to this, there have been 0 issues saving games at any point elsewhere in the game, in any other quests, or with any other content.

I have performed the standard troubleshooting activities such as disabling mods, resintalling game, etc. etc.

Any thoughts or ideas about what I can do here to prevent or correct the issue? Thanks in advance for any assistance or recommendations.

Hmmmm -- Perhaps timing of my post isn't the best? I wonder if adding this reply bumps it to the top of the list where other threads might have received more visibility (like those posted early this morning). If this doesn't help get attention -- I might repost..... ? I dunno. Thanks for helps!

• 7 months later...