a short questionnaire

Silwrk

To start off we are doing a small study, to explore the modding scene.

Below we have written down a few questions, I would greatly appreciate any and all responses I get. Other input is also welcome.

For modders;

• Are you an experienced modder?
  • How would you categorize the mods you create are they visual, add new content, change to gameplay or other?
  • What is your main motivation to create mods, ex do you feel skyrim is/was missing something, for better immersion or maybe for the experience?
  • Has creating mods been helpful to your career? For example getting a job or in any other way.

For Players;

• What type of mod do you most commonly use? visual, gameplay, content, other
  • Has the mods brought by the modding community extended the time you spend playing skyrim?
  • Do you play Skyrim differently from what you would without mods?
  • What is the main reason you play skyrim with mods?
  • Other thoughts around modding?

To start off we are doing a small study, to explore the modding scene.

Below we have written down a few questions, I would greatly appreciate any and all responses I get. Other input is also welcome.

For Players;

• Has the mods brought by the modding community extended the time you spend playing skyrim?

1/ Beauty, Realism and Challenge.

2/ Very much so, I believe I would have stopped playing Skyrim long ago if I wasn't able to Mod it. The vanilla Game is quite unsatisfactory, but makes a brilliant canvas for the Modding Artists.

3/ Yes I do, the game is much more interesting and challenging with Mods, I have to think about what I am doing when playing Modded Skyrim instead of just Godding it through the vanilla.

4/ For the Beauty, Challenge and Realism...makes for an interesting and engaging world to explore, always a new experience or way of doing things around every corner. Also able to really explore Role Play aspects and get much more creative with it.

5/ Bethesda should be thanking their Modding Fans, they keep their Games alive for them and keep people interested. Due to Modded Skyrim I became much more interested in other Bethesda Games and ended up purchasing more of their Games knowing I could create new and interesting experiences with the help of the Modding Community....and I now look forward to new Games Bethesda creates.

Edited by KanesGhost

For Players;

• started with visual....now I need to change gameplay after 1st playthrough.
  • Most certainly
  • I will never play vanilla Skyrim
  • Fantastic look...improved gameplay.
  • incredible work...thank you.

For Players;

• At first, mostly visual/UI, then gameplay enhancements (harder sneaking, realism, combat methods, etc). I don't look for most "new weapons/armor" mods, though I do use some.
  • Definitely. Skyrim on PC with mods so greatly destroys Skyrim on consoles it isn't even funny.
  • Mildly, mostly from a few perk tweaks
  • Look and feel, more diversity, immersion.
  • The best thing about modding is the infinity of choices. I'm actually a little disappointed that the next TES will be the MMO, since the mods released for Skyrim are superb and elevate the game in almost every category.

For Players;

game play & content
    yes
    yes
    to have a different gameplay experience