Face-Mod "Decent Women" doesn't work anymore

Wolfgator

Hi!
My first post in this forum, I hope I'm doing everything right :smile:

It's about this mod:
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/14443

I had this installed once before with NMM and it worked like a charm. Though I probably used an older version before.

A few days ago I found this mod again and tried to install it. But unfortunately it doesn't work at all, the faces stay the same. So far I tried to download it automatically with NMM, downloaded it manually and loaded it with NMM, replaced the data-files and even replaced the original files in the .bsa-files, but nothing worked so far.

For Lydia for example the following files get replaced:
data\meshes\actors\character\facegendata\facegeom\skyrim.esm\000A2C8E.NIF
data\textures\actors\character\facegendata\facetint\skyrim.esm\000A2C8E.dds

000A2C8E is the Base-ID of Lydia. If you copy these in your Skyrim-installation, Lydia's face should be replaced, right? Maybe someone can test this mod in his installation and test it or can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

I have no other Face-Mod installiert, but SKSE and SkyUI if that matters.

Greetz
Gator

Edited by Wolfgator

Im using part of the dw suite (sadly no update and dark face bug and...) I encountered that a bunch of other mods can overwrite the dw mods or influence them. In the end I had to spent some time to find the offenders and disabled them.

Thanks for replying!

Well back then I had no problem whatsoever with that mod, it worked pretty well. I actually tried to disable all mods and just replace the files from DW, but that didn't work either. So far I have two ideas what could be wrong:

1. DW doesn't work with the newest version of Skyrim, because back then I had version 1.1 or something?

2. The files which can be downloaded currently are the default files, because they seem to have the same size.

Could you maybe upload your DW-files which are working for you so I can see if they work for me too? Right now I'm going to test it once again with all *.esm deactivated except for skyrim.esm, maybe the texture pack or the update.esm is at fault here. But else I have no idea what to do anymore.

I appreciate your help! :smile:

Greetz

Gator

Edit: Tried it just with Skyrim.esm and DW-Followers activated, but still didn't work :sad: The Meshes and Textures were inserted correctly.

Edited by Wolfgator

Im using the normal download files (children, commoner, followers) unmodified on the most actual skyrim version.

Simply checking if the files in your /data directory are from decent women doesnt work 100%. I had one mod which forced female npc to use the female walk animation loaded before dw and this mod disabled dw completely (and all other npc overhauls), but the dw files were untouched. In the end you simply have to uninstall/reinstall the mods until you find the culprit (using mod organizer helped a lot).

Im using the normal download files (children, commoner, followers) unmodified on the most actual skyrim version.

Simply checking if the files in your /data directory are from decent women doesnt work 100%. I had one mod which forced female npc to use the female walk animation loaded before dw and this mod disabled dw completely (and all other npc overhauls), but the dw files were untouched. In the end you simply have to uninstall/reinstall the mods until you find the culprit (using mod organizer helped a lot).

Hm that's the same things I'm using...

Do you have the addons and HighRes-Textures too?

Anyway I deinstalled Skyrim the default game without mods or addons and it still didn't work when I copied the files into the data directory. I'll try to download the files again, maybe something went wrong when I downloaded them, but they have the correct size.

I also tried some other mods for improved faces, but DW is still the best... it's not as much fun without :/

Thank you for your help.

Edit: IT WORKS!!! FINALLY I FOUND OUT HOW TO DO IT!

I downloaded the files and loaded them and tada it worked. Then I deactivated one of the face-mods I tried out and haha, didn't work anymore... So if I activate that other face-mod and THEN activate all DW-mods it works. I have no idea why, but it seems DW can't overwrite the default faces from my installation, whyever.

Well but now everything's fine and I have my lovely looking Lydia back. Thank you very much for your support sir :)

Edited by Wolfgator

• 2 months later...

hey guys i have been having the same prob with the mod and i really dont understand how to get it to work....

i have tried everything that you guys did but it doesnt work

i would like to know about the face mod files that you used and worked at your final attempt

lastly, does this mod work with skyrim SKSE?