I've been having a huge problem with microstuttering in skyrim recently. It's only with movement though, I don't see anything other than my walking being effected.

What will happen is I'll take like 2 steps, notice a brief "stop" and keep continuing and do the same thing over, and over again. When I'm in third person it almost looks as if my character is in a looping, 2 second, running animation.

It's really annoying, and the strangest thing is, I had skyrim installed on my computer recently (about 2 days ago), and I was having the same problem, but tweaked my video settings and fixed it.

I uninstalled it because I wanted to get rid of a huge chunk of mods that I had, when I reinstalled it I put the settings back to exactly what they were when the microstutter was fixed, but it's still microstuttering.

I've tried everything, I've checked every mod, TES5 cleaned it, used BOSS to get plugin orders, played around with the core usage, set the priority to high, tried 800x600 res, fps performance boosters, you name it.
I have no where else to turn as this microstutter is making the game unplayable, does anyone know what the deal is and how to fix it?

My specs:

Dell Inspiron N5010
Intel Core i3CPU M370 2.4GHz
6gb ram (plus 4 from a hard drive using ready boost)
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 550v with roughly 3.5gb video memory (I've heard radeon is notorious for causing this, but that doesn't explain why it wasn't doing it before).

I play skyrim with these settings (these specs solved my microstuttering before, but now do nothing)

16:9 widescreen, 1366x768
Antialiasing and Ansiotropic are both off.
Textures are medium
Radial Blur is low
Shadow detail is low
Decal quant is off
No FXAA
Water only reflects the sky.
All view distances are lowered except for object fade (5), Item fade (4), and Actor fade (5).
Distant object detail is low and object detail fade is on.

A list of my mods in load order if that helps at all:

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm

Dawnguard.esm

Hearthfires.esm

ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
Chesko_Frostfall.esp
Climates of Tamriel-Sounds.esp
Improved Combat Sounds v2.2.esp
Character Creation Overhaul.esp
SkyUI.esp
Cloaks.esp
Cloaks-Dawnguard.esp
Northern Fur Hoods.esp
CCO-Oblivion Carry Weights.esp

CCO - Permanent Birthsigns.esp

RealisticRoomRental.esp

RRR_Hearthfire-Patch.esp
Climates of Tamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp
Duel-Combat Realism.esp

The Dance of Death - Dawnguard Edition.esp
CCO - Dynamic Skill Progression.esp
3DNPC.esp
RealisticNeedsandDiseases.esp

RND_Dawnguard-Patch.esp

RND_Hearthfires-Patch.esp

Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp

CCO - DIverse Races and Genders.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp

(this load order was a suggestion from the BOSS program)

Thanks!

IF things were fine before the uninstall, I suggest that you uninstall again, completely reverting to vanilla skyrim using STEP.

Then start a new game/character, no mods or other changes? Does the problem reoccur? If so, then you know you are looking at an issue with your basic settings, hardware, drivers, or a background program.

If the problem does not occur on a absolutely clean reinstall, then start adding things (mods, tweaks, etc) one at a time after exiting Helgen, and test after each. When/if the problem resurfaces, you'll know exactly what the catalyst is.

I did what you said, completely got rid of all the mods, uninstalled skyrim, reinstalled it, played up to the part when you enter the keep, and was still experiencing this microstutter with the lowest settings.
I extremely doubt that it's my hardware, drivers, basic settings or a background program as nothing has changed.
When I uninstalled skyrim, I reinstalled in within a matter of about 10 minutes.
I have no idea what the problem could be.

Although, when I'm playing the game and I go back to the desktop and bring up task manager, the process for tesv says its only using like 400k kb, is that even accurate?

Did you actually follow the STEP guide to revert to vanilla? If not, then you probably did not get everything.

If you did, and are encountering stutter on a new game, lowest settings, new mods, then it would have to be either your basic game settings or something going on with your hardware, background programs, or software--you just ruled out it being a mod issue.

In my experience, troubleshooting is much more successful if you do not dismiss anything out of hand, but rather systematically rule things out. Because otherwise there is a good change that whatever you dismissed as a possibility turns out to be the cause, and it just takes you that much longer to arrive at a solution.

The first thing I would look at is your drivers. When did you last update your drivers? How? If not a complete clean install, then I would suggest that. Also I'd check on Steam and your prefs.ini to make sure the game is using your actual graphics card, not the integrated graphics--that seems to be an issue lately.

Then I would look at background programs. How are you turning these off? Which? Something you may not even realize is running could be causing the problem--like your java checking for updates, or steam running in online mode.

Then I would look at your ini settings. For example, are you using autosaves? Try turning them all to zero. Have you tried adjusting your mouse sensitivity, turning off the gamepad (assuming you do not use it, increasing the sunshadowupdate time?