Should I get a MSI R7770 GPU?

Hello, guys!

I currently have an AMD radeon HD 6570, an Athlon II X4 645 with 8GB DDR3 RAM. I did some research and I found that getting an MSI R7770 would be the best option for me because:

• Small form factor for my case, I have a fairly small case
  • I have a 500w PSU, so it would be better since it only uses around 80w
  • Significant increase of performance over my 6570

So, what do you think? Is this the liable choice? If not, give me some recommendations, and don't worry, I understand all technical terms. Thanks!

First of all, Radeon 7770 is short and uses only 80W, but with a 500W PSU your card choice depends on two things - card clearance length and number of available slots. Even some mATX cases can accept cards as large as Radeon 7850/7870 regarding length, but some can't accommodate a dual-slot card. A lot of Radeon 6570s are low-profile, so if all you can insert is low-profile, buying a Radeon 7770 would be a problem since you'd have a card you can't insert into the PC.

By the way, if you case is short and can accommodate for a dual-slot card, an alternative to the 7770 would be an EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti SSC. It's faster (not sure how much faster, my guess is anywhere from ~5-20%), even shorter, and costs ~75$ more than that MSI 7770.