Freelance Fences

Doeetfgt

Be it for roleplaying or simple convenience purposes, I suggest freelance fences.

Skyrim forces you to work through the thieve's Guild, and only unlocks a few fences in specific locations through quest.

It's strange that an organization that's rumored to be 'collapsing from the inside' owns and leads all stolen goods trade.

Freelances could be new or old npc's, scattered across Skyrim. Their services could require a small quest, a disposition boost, and it needs not be obvious that they offer fencing. For example, Belethor could become a fence once you trade a certain amount of gold with him (he'll buy your relatives, so why not your stolen goods?)

I've heard Inconsequential NPCs adds freelance fences, but I havn't found any yet either.

For Inconsequential NPCs, there's a guy in Markarth to buy from you but he doesn't have much gold :P

On the one hand, I support this idea full, since I often steal before join the Thives Guild, but on the other, wouldn't the TG be trying their hardest to stop freelance thieves muscling in on their turf? I recall in Oblivion that one of the thieves stated that they don't tolerate freelancers, so I'm not sure if the same rules apply to Skyrim...

• 6 months later...