[SkyUI] Problem to get it work

Usul7

Hello.
I've been having problems for days now with this mod. I've tried every solutions that I have found on the internet - with no luck. The thing is that after I add this mod with Nexus Mod Manager and I start a game I have Error 4 message. Yes - I have tried solutions from your readme file.
Solution 2 does work :
"Note 2: If you're getting this error even though SKSE is installed correctly, verify the following INI setting:
[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1"

But it does destroy my FPS. I have normally 52 FPS and with setting this parameter to 1 my FPS dropps to 15-20 !!!.
I would like to play with mods using SKSE and wanna use SkyUI with mod configurator in it. Is there any solution for my problem?

My PC specs:
Processor : i7 4770K
Motherboard: Asrock Extreme 4
RAM : 8 GB Patriot
Graphic cards: Crossfire Radeon 6850

PS. I would like to note that I use about 15 mods and my game runs normal without SkyUI

1. Exactly how do you start up Skyrim?

2. Get in-game, hit the ESC button to pull up the menu, post the Skyrim and SKSE version numbers from the lower left of the menu screen.

3. Within spoiler tags, post your Skyrim.ini file contents.

Hi Lord Garon, thank you for reply.

1. I run Skyrim via Nexus Mod Manager - I lunch SKSE from there

2. I have the latest SKSE 1.6.16.

[General]

sLanguage = ENGLISH

uExterior Cell Buffer = 16

uGridsToLoad = 3

sIntroSequence =

bBorderRegionsEnabled = 1

iLargeIntRefCount = 131072

fFlickeringLightDistance = 8192

[Display]

fShadowLODMaxStartFade = 1000.0

fSpecularLODMaxStartFade = 2000.0

fLightLODMaxStartFade = 3500.0

iShadowMapResolutionPrimary = 2048

bAllowScreenShot = 0

fSunUpdateThreshold = 2.0

fSunShadowUpdateTime = 0

[Audio]

fMusicDuckingSeconds = 6.0

fMusicUnDuckingSeconds = 8.0

fMenuModeFadeOutTime = 3.0

fMenuModeFadeInTime = 1.0

[Grass]

bAllowCreateGrass = 1

bAllowLoadGrass = 0

[GeneralWarnings]

SGeneralMasterMismatchWarning = One or more plugins could not find the correct versions of the master files they depend on. Errors may occur during load or game play. Check the "Warnings.txt" file for more information.

[Archive]

sResourceArchiveList =Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa

sResourceArchiveList2 = Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa

bInvalidateOlderFiles =1

SInvalidationFile =ArchiveInvalidation.txt

[Combat]

fMagnetismStrafeHeadingMult = 0.0

fMagnetismLookingMult = 0.0

f1PArrowTiltUpAngle = 0.7

f3PArrowTiltUpAngle = 0.7

[Papyrus]

fUpdateBudgetMS=1.2

fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=1.2

fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0

iMinMemoryPageSize=128

iMaxMemoryPageSize=512

iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=76800

bEnableLogging=0

bEnableTrace=0

bLoadDebugInformation=0

bEnableProfiling=0

[Water]

bReflectLODObjects =1

bReflectLODLand =1

bReflectSky =1

bReflectLODTrees =1

[backgroundLoad]

bLoadBackgroundFaceGen = 1

bSelectivePurgeUnusedOnFastTravel = 1

bBackgroundLoadLipFiles = 1

bUseBackgroundFileLoader = 1

[interface]

fBookOpenTime = 500.0

[Actor]

fVisibleNavmeshMoveDist = 12288.0000

Thanks. I am interested in your Skyrim version as well, unpatched Skyrim will also cause problems.

Let's try this...

1. Use Windows Explorer and go to your Skyrim directory and locate: skse_loader.exe

2. Right-click on it, select Properties, click the Compatability tab.

3. Towards the bottom is Privelege Level box. Tick "Run this program as an administrator"

4. Apply, Okay.

From right there, double-click on skse_loader.exe and see if you get the error.

I already did that.

1.9.32.0.8 - my Skyrim version. I have also all DLC's. I have installed all unoffical patches.

Damn, am I the only one who is having problem with this....

Possibly. There are many reasons it may not be working. I may ask you to do seemingly stupid things, but its stuff I've actually encountered helping others with Skyrim problems.

So... when you run the skse_loader.exe directly from the Skyrim directory, you still get the error. Correct? I'm not talking about running it from NMM after you set the runas flag.

If so, please use Windows Explorer and goto the Skyrim\Data\Scripts folder. Verify the following files are there:

activemagiceffect.pex

actor.pex

actorbase.pex

alias.pex

apparatus.pex

armor.pex

armoraddon.pex

book.pex

cell.pex

colorcomponent.pex

colorform.pex

combatstyle.pex

constructibleobject.pex

enchantment.pex

equipslot.pex

flora.pex

form.pex

formtype.pex

game.pex

headpart.pex

ingredient.pex

input.pex

keyword.pex

math.pex

netimmerse.pex

objectreference.pex

outfit.pex

perk.pex

potion.pex

quest.pex

race.pex

scroll.pex

shout.pex

skse.pex

soulgem.pex

sound.pex

sounddescriptor.pex

spell.pex

stringutil.pex

textureset.pex

ui.pex

utility.pex

weapon.pex

weather.pex

EDIT: Removed file scripts.txt from the spoiler list

Edited by Lord Garon

That's interesting, I'm having problems with SkyUI aswell. Now, I changed mine to launch through Steam, and it was working fine. Today I cleared off all my Steam mods, I'm using the NMM in offline mode, but I'm having issues now aswell. I do not have the scripts.txt

My bad, sorry. Scripts.txt is a directory list I created when I installed SKSE (so I could remove the files later, if needed). I removed it from the list above.

@Usul7 - thanks for the info. Besides checking for problems, I was also trying to verify your SKSE installation.

A couple more questions...

1. How did you install SKSE? Installer version or 7z archive?

2. Are you on Windows 8/8.1?

SKSE makes some logs in your "My Games\Skyrim\SKSE" folder. In particular, skse.log contains some Skyrim and Skyrim mod information. Even though it is a .log file, you can open it in Notepad. Open it up and take a look at where SKSE is looking for stuff (the pathnames), that it finds SKSE plugins you have (SkyUI doesn't have a plugin) and they load correctly, that the mods it sees agree with your mod list, and that it DOES find the SkyUI .swf widget.

That's interesting, I'm having problems with SkyUI aswell. Now, I changed mine to launch through Steam, and it was working fine. Today I cleared off all my Steam mods, I'm using the NMM in offline mode, but I'm having issues now aswell. I do not have the scripts.txt

The scripts.txt was my fault, you shouldn't have it.

<rant> In all honesty, I can't say enough bad about Steam. It will update and re-verify your setup, change files, and break things constantly. Offline mode is better, but even that does not stop Steam from contacting servers and updating itself, which can also cause problems. Tired of it breaking my games, I keep Steam in offline mode constantly and also prevent it from phoning home at all. Nothing gets "updated" on my machines unless I prepare for it (backup) and specifically allow it. </rant>

I would keep Steam in Offline mode, at a minimum. I have watched Steam "update" (revert changes I made) every single time I logged on.